Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by caricell Ok, Ninja: Though I haven't flashed my phone with any other ROMS (and probably won't)...I'm downloading this 2.1 eclair one-click, JUST ...

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Ok, Ninja:

Though I haven't flashed my phone with any other ROMS (and probably won't)...I'm downloading this 2.1 eclair one-click, JUST IN CASE I need to start over at some point.

I assume I could then upgrade direct to Gingerbread (2.3) directly from 2.1 eclair rather than having to fo to froyo first....

Thanks!
    Larry
    You are correct sir!!

You definitely can skip firmwares if needed... I just went from eclair (2.1) to ice cream sandwich (4.0.3) this morning :D

Having the 2.1 one-click is just a contingency plan since you also got the jig. You can't send your phone back for warranty if you are running a custom ROM or with the stock Gingerbread (since it is not official).
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Excellent!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    You are correct sir!!

You definitely can skip firmwares if needed... I just went from eclair (2.1) to ice cream sandwich (4.0.3) this morning :D

Having the 2.1 one-click is just a contingency plan since you also got the jig. You can't send your phone back for warranty if you are running a custom ROM or with the stock Gingerbread (since it is not official).

When you flashed 2.3.5, did you flash anything else? Are you turning the phone and it changes to horizontal from vertical or is it doing it by itself?

It is normal if you turn change the phone from portrait to landscape if you are web browsing but it should not be doing it to the lock screen.

it turns horizontal to landscape by itself. and when it turns also my desktop turns to lanscape ı disabled the autoscreen rotation but its still turns to lanscape by itself and not turn to vertical position ı think this is not normal operation. i didnt flashed anything ı just do the things that you wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by ozozka_n View Post
    it turns horizontal to landscape by itself. and when it turns also my desktop turns to lanscape ı disabled the autoscreen rotation but its still turns to lanscape by itself and not turn to vertical position ı think this is not normal operation. i didnt flashed anything ı just do the things that you wrote...
    That definitely does not sound normal and it is not a bug, I and others would have reported it. Have you tried wiping and reflashing?

That definitely does not sound normal and it is not a bug, I and others would have reported it. Have you tried wiping and reflashing?
    when ı made factory reset its okay. but time after time suddenly it turns to horizontal screen again. do u have an advice for me to do?

would you pls examine this link for me do you advice me to install it or can I install it correctly? is it for captivate i897? maybe it will correct my problem?

[ROM][2.3.5][CWM][I9000][I897] DarkyROM JVS Base | DarkyROM

Cool

I haven't looked into that yet. Just flashed the kernel so I can get lagfix. I'll look at the LMK and see what I can figure out from it.
    Hi Nakedninja42, just read the above and am curious to find out more about this lagfix business -does that stop the phone from being all slow when switching between menus and apps? Also, is something called CWM needed? CWM stands for Clockworkmod right? I thought that was for recovery of the phone from bricking? Sorry, I'm not as technically savvy as other people and so will need some hand holding here. If you could point me to some links with clear instructions like the first page of your thread that would really help me out a lot!

when ı made factory reset its okay. but time after time suddenly it turns to horizontal screen again. do u have an advice for me to do?
    would you pls examine this link for me do you advice me to install it or can I install it correctly? is it for captivate i897? maybe it will correct my problem?

[ROM][2.3.5][CWM][I9000][I897] DarkyROM JVS Base | DarkyROM
    Not really sure considering I have not had that issue. The only other thing I can say is to flash back to a stock ROM (look at some recent post, I put in a link to flashing 2.1 eclair) Make sure you read up on that page and that it does not have any conflicts with your build of phone if its older than this year.

Darky's ROMs are built off the I9000 (the version our phones are based off, almost identical in design). Pretty much that means that all I9000 ROMs should work with our phones (I897) as long as you flash the right kernel and a remap of the home button key (only big difference between the two phones is the home key). Darky's I897 version of the I9000 base will have all those fixes included.

Flashing a custom ROM could fix the issue your phone is having, but if it continues, I recommend flashing back to complete stock to cleanse your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jcylcruzin View Post
    Hi Nakedninja42, just read the above and am curious to find out more about this lagfix business -does that stop the phone from being all slow when switching between menus and apps? Also, is something called CWM needed? CWM stands for Clockworkmod right? I thought that was for recovery of the phone from bricking? Sorry, I'm not as technically savvy as other people and so will need some hand holding here. If you could point me to some links with clear instructions like the first page of your thread that would really help me out a lot!
    The Samsung ROMs are based off the RFS file system that is from Samsung. RFS is known to eventually get some lag and slow down after awhile so the Lagfix was introduced. Lagfix changes the file system from RFS to Ext4 which is the Linux file system format. Ext4 is not as prone to slow down after long use. In order to get Lagfix enabled, you need to flash a kernel that has the support like the Samurai mentioned before. Lagfix, Galaxy S Lagfix that work | Project Voodoo, Galaxy S improvements

CWM is ClockWorkMod. CWM is needed if you are going to flash a custom ROM or flash any "fixes" that you want to add to your phone. The recovery will allow to also do a factory reset WITHOUT wiping your internal memory where as such WILL wipe. Here is a start but in no means updated to include latest information about how to do it for our phones... more or less just something to read to get started. ClockworkMod Recovery - XDA-Developers
    If you check out any kernel threads on XDA that has CWM integrated (most do) and Lagfix, you should be able to get a guide on how to flash them. If you decide to flash anything, make sure that it is compatible with the build you are running. In this particular case, a kernel for I897 on KK4 build.

thanks for your help ninja. if the problem continues ı gonna flash back eclair than switch do 2.3.5 again. ı hope it will be fine after that operation if ı will have some questions ı gonna ask u again thank you so much..

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links