Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Solved the problem for kies mini. Got the update this morning and looked at the build.prop. Its the same thing as the leak beta in ...

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 344

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

  1. #261
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Solved the problem for kies mini. Got the update this morning and looked at the build.prop. Its the same thing as the leak beta in the first post so I am not going to make any changes.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  2. #262
    Member caricell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Solved the problem for kies mini. Got the update this morning and looked at the build.prop. Its the same thing as the leak beta in the first post so I am not going to make any changes.
    Thanks, Ninja.

    So, you're what I've got installed from the 2.3.5 leak beta is exactly the same as what AT&T/Samsung just released? If so, if I ever have a problem with my phone, would AT&T be able to determine that it isn't *their* file I flashed with?

    And, just out of curiosity, is there an easy way to flash to their file from the leaked beta?

    Thanks in advance!

  3. #263
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Thanks, Ninja.

    So, you're what I've got installed from the 2.3.5 leak beta is exactly the same as what AT&T/Samsung just released? If so, if I ever have a problem with my phone, would AT&T be able to determine that it isn't *their* file I flashed with?

    And, just out of curiosity, is there an easy way to flash to their file from the leaked beta?

    Thanks in advance!
    I think the only way they could tell is if you left on a custom kernel with CWM recovery, AT&T apps removed and superuser. Other than that, it looked the same. I had it on for only 10 minutes digging around before going back to CM9 build 13.

    I read that people who have KK4 installed, kies mini will say that you already have the update. The only way of actually getting it is if you go back to 2.1 JF6 or 2.2 KB1, both of those came up for me. I did not test with KF1 2.3.3.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  4. #264
    Member caricell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35
    Cool. I guess I'll just leave mine alone.

    (Until you get us a one-click to install ICS on this baby!)

    Thanks, Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I think the only way they could tell is if you left on a custom kernel with CWM recovery, AT&T apps removed and superuser. Other than that, it looked the same. I had it on for only 10 minutes digging around before going back to CM9 build 13.

    I read that people who have KK4 installed, kies mini will say that you already have the update. The only way of actually getting it is if you go back to 2.1 JF6 or 2.2 KB1, both of those came up for me. I did not test with KF1 2.3.3.

  5. #265
    Member ori26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    34
    Hi Ninja
    1. I found a thread about CM9 Build 13 for the captivate, Do you have any tips or warnings about this Rom?
    2. I'm currently on illuminance 3.01 Rom, which has many advantages, but I still have lag issues every now and then...
    Is the CM9 quicker? does it have lag or not?
    3. If I have a small external micro sd card of 1 gb, might it be the cause of the lag? (I'm using lag-fix with the samurai kernel)


    sent from my Samsung Captivate

  6. #266
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Hi Ninja
    1. I found a thread about CM9 Build 13 for the captivate, Do you have any tips or warnings about this Rom?
    2. I'm currently on illuminance 3.01 Rom, which has many advantages, but I still have lag issues every now and then...
    Is the CM9 quicker? does it have lag or not?
    3. If I have a small external micro sd card of 1 gb, might it be the cause of the lag? (I'm using lag-fix with the samurai kernel)


    sent from my Samsung Captivate
    Hi ori

    1) First, know that CM ROMs are built for I9000 phones and ported for use on the I897 since the two are "almost" identical. First difference is lack of Noise Suppression so the clarity is not as great as if you were using a stock Samsung ROM. Which brings to the next point about modems. If you are going to flash a CM ROM, need to flash compatible modem. If you use an I897 modem, most likely you'll sound like your in a tunnel or just have poor call quality, this is due to the lack of the Noise Suppression driver support (I think) in I9000 ROMs (not just CM). For CM9, look at modems compatible with ICS. (*side note that Corn I9000 kernel is the first kernel I seen have noise suppression support. I have not tested it personally but it looks like it might be possible to use regular AT&T modems with I9000 ROMs. The kernel only supports Gingerbread ROMs atm)
    2) Cyanogen ROMs are always quicker imo :D. But it might not feel that way for others.
    3) I don't think the micro SD card has any effect unless is a very low class (1 or 2) and your using it for a lot of system resources like camera and video camera.

    Best thing I can say for learning about CM9 is to read the forums. I know hundreds of pages can be tedious, so read the first 10 - 20 for learning history and than the last 10 - 20 for current issues. Google or thread search all the rest and read the FAQ in the first post.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  7. #267
    Junior Member iffatall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Little Help Needed

    Hi nakedninja42

    I had a stock rooted Froyo Samsung Captivate, which I upgraded officially using Kies Mini to Gingerbread (2.3.5).

    Could you specifically mention the steps from the original post that I need to go though in order to root my phone?

    Also, I noticed that updating through Kies Mini did not wipe any data from the phone, which means I still have all my apps, settings, data etc. Will the rooting process you specify wipe anything?

    Thanks a lot in advance for your answer, and sorry if my questions sound too naive.

  8. #268
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by iffatall View Post
    Hi nakedninja42

    I had a stock rooted Froyo Samsung Captivate, which I upgraded officially using Kies Mini to Gingerbread (2.3.5).

    Could you specifically mention the steps from the original post that I need to go though in order to root my phone?

    Also, I noticed that updating through Kies Mini did not wipe any data from the phone, which means I still have all my apps, settings, data etc. Will the rooting process you specify wipe anything?

    Thanks a lot in advance for your answer, and sorry if my questions sound too naive.
    No worries iffatall. In the first post is a section for how to root. Please read over the details. Flashing root should not wipe anything.

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  9. #269
    Member caricell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35
    OK, Ninja..so I'm going to root my Captivate afterall. It's at 2.35.
    Please confirm that these are the steps (based on your first page).

    1) Start ODIN.
    2) Power up phone into Download mode.
    3) Flash with UCKF1-designgears.tar in PDA slot.
    4) Reboot phone
    5) Shut down phone.
    6) Start ODIn.
    7) Power up phone in Download mode.
    8) Reflash 2.35 putting KK4 .tar.mda5 file in PDA slot
    8) Update superuser (if needed)
    9) Install Busybox if desired.

    Correct?

    Thanks in advance!

    Larry

  10. #270
    Junior Member djwordnyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Hello Nakedninja42,

    First thank you for posting these detailed instructions. I currently have Stock Rom Gingerbread 2.3.5 with 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4 kernal, do I start with step 4? I am bit confused :confused: as I went from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.5.

    Please advise if poster 'Caricell' steps are indeed the correct steps for those of us with the stock rom of Gingerbread 2.3.5.

    Thank you!!!

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

i897 stock rom

,

i997 stock firmware

,

samsung i897 firmware

,
samsung i897 firmwere download
,

samsung i897 flash file

,
samsung i997 flash file
,
samsung i997 flash file free download
,
samsung sgh i897 costum rom
,

samsung sgh-i897 stock rom download

,

samsung sgh-i997 stock rom download

,
sgh i897 firmware download
,
sgh-i897 firmware
,
sgh-i897 firmwarefile
,

sgh-i997 firmware odin

,
update android 2.3.5 at&t i897
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum