Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Sorry, that's my bad... Thank you for answering my questions although they were irrelevant I should have written you a PM Is it O.K. if ...

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Sorry, that's my bad...
    Thank you for answering my questions although they were irrelevant
    I should have written you a PM

Is it O.K. if I erase my above message?

Ics 4.0.3 please!!!

since now we all got the 2.3.5 Gingerbread kk4 ....we're looking toward the latest 4.0.3 ....
    there's for our captivate now two developers on XDA that ported the ics to our cappy ....but their instructions are so hard to follow "for pros"
    please add a section for the instructions on how to install the latest ics ....
    many people tryed it and sayed that its very stable .... few bugs as in a leaked stock rom!!!!

JOE

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Sorry, that's my bad...
    Thank you for answering my questions although they were irrelevant
    I should have written you a PM

Is it O.K. if I erase my above message?
    No need too, all is well :D
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Check out these threads for ICS Q&A, lots of information there for "pros" or just starting out.

Teamhacksung's ICS for Captivate Q&A(Unofficial) - xda-developers
    ICSSGS Q&A - xda-developers

I was trying to get the ginigerbread on my phone it was taking the first file download went to the white att screen then just froze there been over 12hours i disconted it because it wasn't doing anything and the battery was burning up from just staying on that screen. Am i screwed or is there anyway i can get it back. i tried running the tar files in odin again but no luck it says it can't access the com port. any help would be great. thankls

Quote Originally Posted by squeak450 View Post
    I was trying to get the ginigerbread on my phone it was taking the first file download went to the white att screen then just froze there been over 12hours i disconted it because it wasn't doing anything and the battery was burning up from just staying on that screen. Am i screwed or is there anyway i can get it back. i tried running the tar files in odin again but no luck it says it can't access the com port. any help would be great. thankls
    Are you able to get into download mode? Please give specifics to what exactly the process you went through from start to finish.
    thanks

Hey Nakedninja42,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your help! I finally managed to revert to 2.2 Froyo and then install the official update from Samsung. Then applied the Samurai kernel which gave me root+cwm+lagfix... all is functioning great now!

Um... do you know how much memory the lagfix uses? and where I can find that on the phone? I do have Android System Info installed but can't really tell...

Quote Originally Posted by jcylcruzin View Post
    Hey Nakedninja42,

Just wanted to say thank you for all your help! I finally managed to revert to 2.2 Froyo and then install the official update from Samsung. Then applied the Samurai kernel which gave me root+cwm+lagfix... all is functioning great now!

Lagfix is not an application (so it does not use memory or anything) but a file system format (like NTFS or Fat32). By default, Samsung uses RFS (like having Fat32) and the lagfix formats and recreates the partitions as ext4 (like going to NTFS). If you get the voodoo app by supercurio, you'll see lagfix option and by selecting it will tell you /system is formatted as Ext4.

Um... do you know how much memory the lagfix uses? and where I can find that on the phone? I do have Android System Info installed but can't really tell...
    Lagfix is not an application (so it does not use memory or anything) but a file system format (like NTFS or Fat32). By default, Samsung uses RFS (like having Fat32) and the lagfix formats and recreates the partitions as ext4 (like going to NTFS). If you get the voodoo app by supercurio, you'll see lagfix option and by selecting it will tell you /system is formatted as Ext4.

6: Reflash the original KK4 kernel using ODIN with steps 2, 3, & 4 Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (If you do not change the kernel back to KK4 after root, you could have wifi issues)

I just tried to d/l from the link above and received a DOJ intercept message that the domain had been seized. The other links from multiupload worked fine. Any idea what's going on?
    Name:  DOJ MegaUpload.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  19.8 KB

The people running megaupload were arrested the other day and the DOJ took the site over. I can confirm these links still work atm. Deposit Files Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe Get KK4_stock_kernel.tar on Wupload.com

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links