Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; That was quick - the rooting process took only a few seconds &I've backed up eveything already with Titanium backup I've noticed that this new ...

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

That was quick - the rooting process took only a few seconds
    &I've backed up eveything already with Titanium backup

I've noticed that this new Rom supports Hebrew fonts (unlike 2.1 eclair)
    So I can write in hebrew (after downloading anysoftkey hebrew keyboard)
    And I can read hebrew SMS & see the the contacts names (thanks to this version of Rom)

What about Hebrew menus? Is there any chance for that? Or would it cost me with a change of a Rom?

And if not, Is there at least a chance to make the lines line up to the right when there are hebrew words?

Thank you for all your help until now!

nakedninja42, Thanks for you help, I am still learning Heimdall, but was kind of thrown into it when my only windows machine (i use linux 99% of the time) quit seeing my phone in download mode, I could move files and use it like a drive but for some reason it kept coming up unknown USB when in download mode, tried everything short of reloading windows with no luck, thats when I found Heimdall work like a champ just needs more input from user, Odin and Odin one click are much simpler to use but I too am looking for a good guide to heimdall if I find one I will post it here and PM you a link. I was reading on a few site that Heimdall is native and people have had less bricks with it, how true that is I don't know I know it works great for me. Link to Heimdall is Heimdall – Glass Echidna

if i broke a rule by posting a link outside I apologize, and please edit it out if needed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzz View Post
    nakedninja42, Thanks for you help, I am still learning Heimdall, but was kind of thrown into it when my only windows machine (i use linux 99% of the time) quit seeing my phone in download mode, I could move files and use it like a drive but for some reason it kept coming up unknown USB when in download mode, tried everything short of reloading windows with no luck, thats when I found Heimdall work like a champ just needs more input from user, Odin and Odin one click are much simpler to use but I too am looking for a good guide to heimdall if I find one I will post it here and PM you a link. I was reading on a few site that Heimdall is native and people have had less bricks with it, how true that is I don't know I know it works great for me. Link to Heimdall is Heimdall ľ Glass Echidna

if i broke a rule by posting a link outside I apologize, and please edit it out if needed

Thanks
    Not sure if linking outside pages are breaking the rules... I post XDA links all the time .

I took a quick glance at the link you sent from darky's and it definitly looks like a lot of steps. There are a few users on XDA that swears by Heimdall and will post all the time how its much safer and better but will never post on why and how to use it... go figure...

I will take a look at the procedure more later and add steps to the OP on how to use it for all OS users.

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    That was quick - the rooting process took only a few seconds
    & I've backed up eveything already with Titanium backup

I've noticed that this new Rom supports Hebrew fonts (unlike 2.1 eclair)
    So I can write in hebrew (after downloading anysoftkey hebrew keyboard)
    And I can read hebrew SMS & see the the contacts names (thanks to this version of Rom)

What about Hebrew menus? Is there any chance for that? Or would it cost me with a change of a Rom?

And if not, Is there at least a chance to make the lines line up to the right when there are hebrew words?

Thank you for all your help until now!
    I was not aware of Hebrew support, thats great that it works.

This is a stock ROM so there will not be any changes made since its just a leak from Samfirmware.com

From what I can tell though you can change the menus and everything to Deutsch, English (of course ) Espa˝ol, Franšais, Italiano, and Chinese.

If you are wanting Hebrew support for the menus, you'll have to look at custom ROMs instead of stock.

As for your questions about lines line up right with hebrew words? Not exactly sure what you are referring to. If you can take a screenshot or elaborate more, maybe we can figure it out.

I think ori26 means centered ->
    to the right side
    instead of left side. (get it?) As I'm pretty sure Hebrew reads right to left. As for actually implementing something like that.... No idea. Dorian?
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I can snag a ROM from an Israeli based Hummingbird device and see what I can do with it. It's possible to be "right justified" though... I've just never done it, because once I get it together, I won't be able to read it to make sure everything is like it should be..lol.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    I think ori26 means centered ->
    to the right side
    instead of left side. (get it?) As I'm pretty sure Hebrew reads right to left. As for actually implementing something like that.... No idea. Dorian?
    You guys are correct I ment centerd to the right, cause hebrew reads from right to left
    (Dorian, you can send me screen shots, and I'll tell you if it's right... lol...)
    By the way, Google has a center in Israel and employs people here.... What's so hard for those guys to make Android speak hebrew?

One more question, unlike the eclair version, I can't find a way to make my mp3 files to be used as ringtones in Gingerbread
    Does any of you guys have a solution?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    You guys are correct I ment centerd to the right, cause hebrew reads from right to left
    (Dorian, you can send me screen shots, and I'll tell you if it's right... lol...)
    By the way, Google has a center in Israel and employs people here.... What's so hard for those guys to make Android speak hebrew?

One more question, unlike the eclair version, I can't find a way to make my mp3 files to be used as ringtones in Gingerbread
    Does any of you guys have a solution?
    LOL.. Android 2.1+ has had native Hebrew support, it's just that it's not very widespread in usage. And it's only been in Froyo and Gingerbread that's it's been possible to "right justify". The Hebrew font has been a part of Android for a while now though.

I'll pull something and I'll keep you posted.

In Gingerbread though, you should still be able to go into the music player and find the song you want, then tap "menu" then go from there....

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

ok...so i get it that an i9000 rom will work with this bootloaders...but what about a i9000 kernel...xcals jvp kernel for example...would that work with this bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    ok...so i get it that an i9000 rom will work with this bootloaders...but what about a i9000 kernel...xcals jvp kernel for example...would that work with this bootloader?
    I can say that the phone will boot with an I9000 kernel using Captivate bootloaders. The original way that I rooted the phone was using the JVB root trick from Fugu. The phone booted up but I never used it as a daily driver. So it should work, but I do not know how stable it would be.

ok how would i install dorians jvp with these bootloaders?

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links