Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Found a link via Google and everything worked fine. Many Thanks,...

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 344

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

  1. #291
    Junior Member jfcaroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Found a link via Google and everything worked fine.

    Many Thanks,

  2. #292
    Junior Member BQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    This worked like a charm & I'm a complete n00b! I was also able to unlock my captivate - thanks a million!

  3. #293
    Junior Member ebeltran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Hello,
    First of all thanx for this guide... it seems excellent!!
    I am new in the android world, a week ago i bought a Captivate I897 that is unlocked an also does not have a original baseband version.
    The info About the phone looks like this:
    • Model Number: GT-I9000
    • Firmware version: 2.2.1
    • Baseband version: I9000UGJL2
    • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 harcore@speedmod-i897-k13e-500hz #32
    • Buil numbre: FROYO.XXJPY

    The big question is if I can upgrade this phone directly to 2.3.5 KK4 following your guide, or i have to reinstall the original froyo firmware first.
    Also want to know if there is another more newer version of android to install on my I897.
    Thanx in advance for your time and your answer.
    Best Regards,
    Edwin.-

  4. #294
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Hello,
    First of all thanx for this guide... it seems excellent!!
    I am new in the android world, a week ago i bought a Captivate I897 that is unlocked an also does not have a original baseband version.
    The info About the phone looks like this:
    • Model Number: GT-I9000
    • Firmware version: 2.2.1
    • Baseband version: I9000UGJL2
    • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 harcore@speedmod-i897-k13e-500hz #32
    • Buil numbre: FROYO.XXJPY
    The big question is if I can upgrade this phone directly to 2.3.5 KK4 following your guide, or i have to reinstall the original froyo firmware first.
    Also want to know if there is another more newer version of android to install on my I897.
    Thanx in advance for your time and your answer.
    Best Regards,
    Edwin.-
    Hi ebeltran,

    Looks like you might be running an Galaxy S (I9000) OS on your phone. Do you have the Captivate from AT&T or is this the World version of the phone? (Meaning that its not a version sold by US carriers). When you boot the phone, do you get an AT&T boot screen (You see it in the first part of this video )?

    If you want to install what is in the guide, it is recommended to be on AT&T I897 bootloaders and you might be on the I9000 version. The guide is for the latest version from AT&T, there is a newer version on XDA that I do not give support for called CM9 (android OS 4.0.3 ICS), its not really for people new to android because it is still alpha so there are still bugs... even though it is extremely stable in my opinion.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  5. #295
    Junior Member ebeltran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    I have the AT&T version of the I897.
    The AT&T logo does not appear as boot screen, but the logo is printed in tghe upper part of the phone, near the front speaker. But the logo does not shows when the phone boots, intead looks like a corrupted image that you can't see, like corrupted pixels.
    I want to know how can I upgrade my phone to use the 2.3.5 KK4 version of firmware.
    I really apreciate your help, and thanx for your fast reply.
    Best Regards,
    Edwin.-

  6. #296
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    I have the AT&T version of the I897.
    The AT&T logo does not appear as boot screen, but the logo is printed in tghe upper part of the phone, near the front speaker. But the logo does not shows when the phone boots, intead looks like a corrupted image that you can't see, like corrupted pixels.
    I want to know how can I upgrade my phone to use the 2.3.5 KK4 version of firmware.
    I really apreciate your help, and thanx for your fast reply.
    Best Regards,
    Edwin.-
    First you'll need to get back to stock AT&T. Check out this thread [Stock ROMs](OneClicks Master Collection)+[Kernels (Stock & w/ CWM)]+[Modems] UPDATED - xda-developers. Ask questions in there but what you'll need is ​I897UCJF6 Android 2.1 Eclair and get the one with bootloaders. Then update to KB1 using Kies Mini and you can chose to use the first post to update to KK4 or you can continue with Kies Mini. When your done you'll be on stock and you can continue with the instructions to root your phone.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  7. #297
    Junior Member ebeltran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanx for your assistance.
    Some final questions, although it is a little stupid to ask but I want to be sure about everything...
    If I return the phone to I897UCJF6 using odin one click package, and then use Kies mini to uptade first to KB1 and then to KK4. My phone will be detected with no problems by the Kies mini software?
    I asume that the Kies software download the firmware via Internet in order to upgrade the firm, correct?
    After the update will by any chance will my phone come out locked for AT&T again?
    What bands of operation works in the I897? is it a quad band for GSM and tri-band for UMTS? or wich are the bands available for GSm and UMTS?
    All versions of Android Gingerbread for AT&T have support for spanish language by default? I mean for the I897 internal menus...
    Thanx,
    Edwin.-

  8. #298
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Thanx for your assistance.
    Some final questions, although it is a little stupid to ask but I want to be sure about everything...
    If I return the phone to I897UCJF6 using odin one click package, and then use Kies mini to uptade first to KB1 and then to KK4. My phone will be detected with no problems by the Kies mini software?
    I asume that the Kies software download the firmware via Internet in order to upgrade the firm, correct?
    After the update will by any chance will my phone come out locked for AT&T again?
    What bands of operation works in the I897? is it a quad band for GSM and tri-band for UMTS? or wich are the bands available for GSm and UMTS?
    All versions of Android Gingerbread for AT&T have support for spanish language by default? I mean for the I897 internal menus...
    Thanx,
    Edwin.-
    When you plug into kies mini your phone should be be detected correctly to update to KB1 then KK4. If it tells you your phone is unrecognized, then its a good chance that the previous owner flashed something that changed the product ID. If that is the case, check out this thread to fix it. Restore Product ID to AT&T Captivate nv_data.bin - xda-developers. I had to use it recently so I know it works. Kies software will update your phone over the web, make sure you have all USB drivers installed. Kies mini has an option for it in the menus.

    If your phone does lock (I've heard that it does not but can not verify since I have not bothered unlocking) There are apps in the market as well as searching Google or XDA, seen it out there before.

    I can not comment on the bands as I have not looked into this myself, hoping that Dorian or someone else that is familiar with AT&T network can chime in.

    I have not looked at other languages since English is my primary, the phone and OS should support Spanish as default.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

  9. #299
    Junior Member ebeltran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Other thing I just saw on my phone.
    The recoveru mode screen when pressing vol+ & - and power button, displays a menu that says ClockworkMod Recoveryv2.5.1.0 SpeedMod ULFK
    I think this is a kind of kernel or bootloader, right?
    Can I still use the One click Odin to flash JF6 2.1 Eclair?
    Do I have to do something else to return to the original firmware?? Is the One click enouhg for doing this?
    I want to return to a ATT official software because the phone seems to have a bug or two now.
    Please help me in order to correct my phone.
    Thanx.

  10. #300
    Senior Member nakedninja42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Other thing I just saw on my phone.
    The recoveru mode screen when pressing vol+ & - and power button, displays a menu that says ClockworkMod Recoveryv2.5.1.0 SpeedMod ULFK
    I think this is a kind of kernel or bootloader, right?
    Can I still use the One click Odin to flash JF6 2.1 Eclair?
    Do I have to do something else to return to the original firmware?? Is the One click enoug for doing this?
    I want to return to a ATT official software because the phone seems to have a bug or two now.
    Please help me in order to correct my phone.
    Thanx.
    When you press Vol up/down and power it takes into recovery menu. The menu is designed to format your phone and bring back to stock. A couple things to pay attention to is if your on stock recovery and you do a wipe, it will format your internal SD Card (it WILL NOT format the expandable memory added to the phone). Read up on CWM (ClockWorkMod) and the recovery system, you will want to install one if you are interested in custom ROMs.

    Using the One-click ODIN JF6 will format your phone (not the internal or external memory) and install stock AT&T firmware as well as recovery menu. Think of the One-click as your method to get your phone prepared to send in for warranty. It will bring you back to complete stock experience no matter what custom stuff you install. If the One-click has a master clear, I recommend using the feature after doing a reset to stock, this WILL format the internal memory (so make sure you backup photos or anything you put on the internal memory). You will have to unplug your phone after first bootup after format and set USB debug under Applications and plug your phone back in for the Master clear to work.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

    ______________________________

    Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

i897 stock rom

,

i997 stock firmware

,

samsung i897 firmware

,
samsung i897 firmwere download
,

samsung i897 flash file

,
samsung i997 flash file
,
samsung i997 flash file free download
,
samsung sgh i897 costum rom
,

samsung sgh-i897 stock rom download

,

samsung sgh-i997 stock rom download

,
sgh i897 firmware download
,
sgh-i897 firmware
,
sgh-i897 firmwarefile
,

sgh-i997 firmware odin

,
update android 2.3.5 at&t i897
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum