Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by MR_SMILES This all seems like a hard thing to do, my phone is working great on froyo rooted with no apps running ...

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by MR_SMILES View Post
    This all seems like a hard thing to do, my phone is working great on froyo rooted with no apps running all the time, and the battery is great, I dont want to screw it up. I dont want any gliches or errors , just want a fast fun phone, to make calls and text and run apps. I would like to use the new gingerbread, just dont want to brick my phone. please let me know what there is a super-one click because that is easy lol. thank you for all your help, I'm just lost and dont know what to do.
    It really is not that difficult or much different than using a one-click. If you do the kies mini upgrade then use my root method, your done.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Finally, I have flashed and rooted my Captivate following the steps of this tutorial...
    First I want to thank you all for the advices and support yoou gave me, and showing me how to make this on my own...
    The only thing I still have to do is to eliminate the AT&T bloatware, and I think this can be done using the titanium backup app, right?
    Also want to ask you a few things else...
    1) My Captivate when it was flashed with a I9000 Rom or kernel (i really don't know) it had the FM Radio app installed and working... Is it possible to install this app and use it normally again in some way? I have the FMRadio.apk file saved and installing it normally just didn't work...
    2) I read some where else that installing some drivers to emulate a Tegra chipset on Captivate is possible, is this true?? Also read that after doing this some games designed for this chipset can be used in captivate. I really apreciate any information about this thing that you could give me...

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Finally, I have flashed and rooted my Captivate following the steps of this tutorial...
    First I want to thank you all for the advices and support yoou gave me, and showing me how to make this on my own...
    The only thing I still have to do is to eliminate the AT&T bloatware, and I think this can be done using the titanium backup app, right?
    Also want to ask you a few things else...
    1) My Captivate when it was flashed with a I9000 Rom or kernel (i really don't know) it had the FM Radio app installed and working... Is it possible to install this app and use it normally again in some way? I have the FMRadio.apk file saved and installing it normally just didn't work...
    2) I read some where else that installing some drivers to emulate a Tegra chipset on Captivate is possible, is this true?? Also read that after doing this some games designed for this chipset can be used in captivate. I really apreciate any information about this thing that you could give me...

Thanks...
    Glad you were able to get your phone sorted out and now rooted. :D I use Titanium Backup for removing or freezing applications I don't want or need.

1) I897 does not have an FM Radio chip, only the I9000 does. I use a program called Tunein Radio Player. The market has other solutions as well, they have a free version to try.

2) I have not tried out any programs that changes the GPU. See if you can find a thread dedicated to that application or script that allows the change to see if anyone has experienced issues short or long term from such a change.

Another thing that I just have noticed...
    Since upgrade my phone reboot it self like two times aparently without a reason...
    Based on your expertise can you say if this kind of bugs are normal or not? or there is something that could be forcing to the phone to rebbot randomly??
    Thanx for your time and help...
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Another thing that I just have noticed...
    Since upgrade my phone reboot it self like two times aparently without a reason...
    Based on your expertise can you say if this kind of bugs are normal or not? or there is something that could be forcing to the phone to rebbot randomly??
    Thanx for your time and help...
    Regards,
    I have read from others experience that if you have to many apps installed it could cause reboots (I do not have specifics since I never had a reboot). I am not sure if its system apps or data apps. I believe I saw this reading through the Przekret release of the leaked KK4 from couple months ago in the xda developers forums.

Hi Ninja ,
    I am having problems achieving this following the steps mentioned.

This is how I did it -
    I had stock GB on my phone which I got from kies update. I started from step 5 as you mentioned. flashed root, then flashed stock kk4. What happens is when I flash root I see Superuser but as soon as I flash kk4 superuser is lost. Then even when I installed superuser and busybox from market it is having problems and is not able to find the su binary.

I tried everything, even went back to stock jf6 did a master wipe and then tried all the steps again but the problem still remains.

Quote Originally Posted by vikz747 View Post
    Hi Ninja ,
    I am having problems achieving this following the steps mentioned.

This is how I did it -
    I had stock GB on my phone which I got from kies update. I started from step 5 as you mentioned. flashed root, then flashed stock kk4. What happens is when I flash root I see Superuser but as soon as I flash kk4 superuser is lost. Then even when I installed superuser and busybox from market it is having problems and is not able to find the su binary.

I tried everything, even went back to stock jf6 did a master wipe and then tried all the steps again but the problem still remains.
    Not sure why flashing KK4 is taking away root. I have only seen two other cases of this. Try the method one more time and see if that fixes. If not, search the thread, I uploaded the fugu kernel swap awhile ago. If that does not work... I can try re uploading the kernel.

I didn't get the chance to read the whole thread yet, but Anyone had any issues with WiFi not connecting after upgrading to Gingerbread? After rooting every time I I try to turn wifi on my galaxy S, it scans for networks for 3 seconds and turns off..

Quote Originally Posted by desertboy40 View Post
    I didn't get the chance to read the whole thread yet, but Anyone had any issues with WiFi not connecting after upgrading to Gingerbread? After rooting every time I I try to turn wifi on my galaxy S, it scans for networks for 3 seconds and turns off..
    Did you flash the stock KK4 kernel after rooting?

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Did you flash the stock KK4 kernel after rooting?
    That did it. WiFi is working.

No I didn’t flash back to KK4 because the author I got my instructions from did not include that step in his post. I did leave him a note and a link to your post just in case I wasn’t the only one having WiFi issues he didn’t know about.

Thank you for the help and prompt reply. Glad I came across this forum.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links