Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Raoul: All works as described except if I don't reflash kk4 the WIFI does indeed go away, and if I do reflash KK4 the root ...

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Raoul: All works as described except if I don't reflash kk4 the WIFI does indeed go away, and if I do reflash KK4 the root is overwritten and goes away.
    Bummer. Thanks tho, this is as close as I've come so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
    Raoul: All works as described except if I don't reflash kk4 the WIFI does indeed go away, and if I do reflash KK4 the root is overwritten and goes away.
    Bummer. Thanks tho, this is as close as I've come so far.
    Not sure why flashing a kernel would remove root, it does not wipe or do anything except flash the kernel. Search the thread, I uploaded fugu root awhile ago you can try out. It works for me either way.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Hello,
    Once again I want to know something, about my captivate...
    Last night I wanted to install and use the ROM Manager program on my rooted phone. But in order to flash clockwork recovery mod to my captivate the program only showed me 4 phone options to select from, they were Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy Epic, Google Nexus and some other model of Nexus.
    The thing I want to know is how can i install the CWR on my captivate with KK4 stock firmware 2.3.5
    I read some forums that I can only istall CWR having a compatible kernel on my phone, but i am not sure how can i do this or which compatible kernel should i use to install the CWR.
    But if is not possible to install this ROM Manager app, how can I install ROMs on my captivate like Cynamogen or others? should i use Odin?
    I think this forum maybe is not the right one for posting this question, in that case i apologize...
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ebeltran View Post
    Hello,
    Once again I want to know something, about my captivate...
    Last night I wanted to install and use the ROM Manager program on my rooted phone. But in order to flash clockwork recovery mod to my captivate the program only showed me 4 phone options to select from, they were Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy Epic, Google Nexus and some other model of Nexus.
    The thing I want to know is how can i install the CWR on my captivate with KK4 stock firmware 2.3.5
    I read some forums that I can only istall CWR having a compatible kernel on my phone, but i am not sure how can i do this or which compatible kernel should i use to install the CWR.
    But if is not possible to install this ROM Manager app, how can I install ROMs on my captivate like Cynamogen or others? should i use Odin?
    I think this forum maybe is not the right one for posting this question, in that case i apologize...
    Thank you.
    Rom manager only supported the captivate when eclair was out, it was never updated and we'll not be updated for our device to support the newer OS (froyo or gingerbread). In xda developers, check out Corn kernel, it is stock and has CWM injected with the kernel so you can be able to flash other ROMs. It is recommended by all developers to use CWM to flash roms, do not use ROM manager.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

You sir are genius.... That totally makes me happy. Had so many problems when I went from rooted Froyo to unrooted GB. Thank you, Thank you.

I am trying to get rid of that dreaded lockscreen with the normal taplock i hate glasslock te modifying of the files myself is a bit 2 difficult i am trying to locate a version the still has odex but able to have taplock instead of the stupid glasslock sofar no luck

Finally worked

Finally worked after simi bricking my phone.
    ran into small snag, but got threw it.

after using klies mini and upgrading fryo to gingerbread i was constantly getting teathering errors, and teathering was turned off and even took it to an att corp store and had them look at it. But anyway now that my root is working again for my phone, i was able to use super manager with root features turned on, i was able to uninstall the factory installed program teathering manager. and now that error message is gone for good!

Quote Originally Posted by drewnin View Post
    Finally worked after simi bricking my phone.
    ran into small snag, but got threw it.

after using klies mini and upgrading fryo to gingerbread i was constantly getting teathering errors, and teathering was turned off and even took it to an att corp store and had them look at it. But anyway now that my root is working again for my phone, i was able to use super manager with root features turned on, i was able to uninstall the factory installed program teathering manager. and now that error message is gone for good!
    I have read about others on xda having the same tether manager FC after upgrading to the newer gingerbread. Out of curiosity, did ATT say anything about the FC?

Glad you got it all sorted out and rooted :D

I was able to root my captivate and switched back to KK$ original kernal and confirmed that I'm rooted.

ClockmorkMod recovery version is 2.5.12
    However if I use Rom manager and choose the option to boot in recovery, I see the following error

Android system recovery <3e>

Verifying update package
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed

I've search and found that this was due to the stock kernal and I'm not sure which other kernal I need to use.

I'm planning on moving to iCS

Install Official Codename Android ROM Based On Android 4.0.3 ICS On Samsung Captivate I897 [How-To] | AndroidEgis

Quote Originally Posted by raasa View Post
    I was able to root my captivate and switched back to KK$ original kernal and confirmed that I'm rooted.

ClockmorkMod recovery version is 2.5.12
    However if I use Rom manager and choose the option to boot in recovery, I see the following error

Android system recovery <3e>

Verifying update package
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed

I've search and found that this was due to the stock kernal and I'm not sure which other kernal I need to use.

I'm planning on moving to iCS

Install Official Codename Android ROM Based On Android 4.0.3 ICS On Samsung Captivate I897 [How-To] | AndroidEgis
    Rom Manager does not support captivate OS after 2.1. Need to find a kernel with CWM to flash using ODIN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links