Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; As sad it is to say but I sold my Captivate. I am running AT&T sgs2 4G and loving the phone. I will try my ...

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

As sad it is to say but I sold my Captivate. I am running AT&T sgs2 4G and loving the phone. I will try my best to check and answer future questions but I might not be able to help on all.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

my phones eems to be having some software glitches lately i am not sure if it is due to the kf1 root kernal installed or not

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    my phones eems to be having some software glitches lately i am not sure if it is due to the kf1 root kernal installed or not
    Did you leave the kf1 installed? Need to flash KK6 stock kernel after rooting.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

kk4 seems to have issues with the phone application along with messaging i am gonna end up flashing my phone back to kf1 till a patch is released to fix the issue

Hi, Ninja. Hope you're still here and can help...

I accidentally removed the stock "MY FILES" Captivate app using Titanium Backup, and really want to restore it. I dont have a backup copy of it. Is there any way to do this..and if so...how? (MY Cappy is rooted and I can get to the file system through EF File Explorer). The reason I want the MY FILES app back, is that I can no longer seem to have the capability to select the "SET AS" option on any files to be, say, the set ringtone or Alarm. The STE AS option is no longer available in any of my apps.

Thanks!
    Larry

You guys might be better served checking our sister forum Samsung Galaxy Forum which is dedicated to the Samsung Galaxy line.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Hi, Ninja. Hope you're still here and can help...

I accidentally removed the stock "MY FILES" Captivate app using Titanium Backup, and really want to restore it. I dont have a backup copy of it. Is there any way to do this..and if so...how? (MY Cappy is rooted and I can get to the file system through EF File Explorer). The reason I want the MY FILES app back, is that I can no longer seem to have the capability to select the "SET AS" option on any files to be, say, the set ringtone or Alarm. The STE AS option is no longer available in any of my apps.

Thanks!
    Larry
    Here you go MyFiles.apk

You will need to push it to system/app and change the permission. I have an image in the first post if you need a reference for what permission should be set to.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Here you go MyFiles.apk

You will need to push it to system/app and change the permission. I have an image in the first post if you need a reference for what permission should be set to.
    Thanks, Ninja.

I've downloaded the file, but need some help getting it in/changing permissions. Please forgive my ignorance!

1) I have the file on my PC. How do I get it onto my phone?
    2) What program did you use to change perms in that screenshot in the first page? I have ESFile Explorer on my phone, but cant find anywhere in there to change perms?

As always, your assistance is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!

Ok, I have the file copied to my phone, but I cant move it into the system/app folder...when i try to copy it in, it says permission denied .

Nevermind! I got it all done. MY FILES app is now installed. (Unfortunately, it doesnt solve my original problem of no longer having the "SET AS" option available to set "as ringtone" or "as wallpaper". Oh well.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links