Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I apologize if someone has asked these things already somewhere, and also if this is not the place for either of these two questions, but ...

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

I apologize if someone has asked these things already somewhere, and also if this is not the place for either of these two questions, but I'm tired (3:30 am, here) and too lazy to search through 34 pages of replies.

I successfully updated to Gingerbread with Kies mini, and then rooted with no problem, to the KF1 kernel. Everything seemed to work fine at that point. I then flashed KK4, as per the instructions, and that leads me to my questions.

First, I am curious about what was meant in the original post about "If you do not change the kernel back to KK4 after root, you could have wifi issues". What kind of issues?

Second, when I was running the KF1 kernel, Titanium Backup worked, asking for and being granted superuser permissions, but when I flashed KK4, Titanium Backup could no longer get root access, and therefore would not work. I went so far as to install Busybox, reinstall Superuser, and uninstall and reinstall Titanium backup, with no luck. Is there a way to get Titanium Backup to work with KK4, or am I "doomed" to using KF1, with its possibility of "wifi issues"?

Any and all help is appreciated, as I am not a newb, but I am far from a master.

Thanks!

Edit: nvm. I figured it out. My google-fu was lacking so early in the morning with no sleep.

No data connection after root

I pulled the SIM card and SD card from my phone and rooted my Captivate I897 using this method. All went well with the root process. I flashed both tar files. The problem is, I have no data connection. I have wifi and phone but no data. I had data prior to rooting the phone.

Phone info -

Samsung-SGH-I897
    Firmware - 2.3.5
    Baseband - I897UCKK4
    Kernal - 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
    Build - Gingerbread.UCKK4

The strange thing is, if I go into the default network setup and switch to manual, I see my regional carrier along with T-Mobile and AT&T. If I pick my carrier it tells me that I am registered on the network. The same goes for T-Mobile. If I try to connect to AT&T I get - Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network - which is what I have always gotten with AT&T. I have even recreated the APN for my carrier. I have pulled the SIM card, rebooted, powered off, installed the SIM card and rebooted. The data icon does show up briefly during boot up and then disappears.

Do I need to flash back to stock and try rooting again or is there something I can do to avoid flashing back to stock?

Thanks

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by poppo101 View Post
    I pulled the SIM card and SD card from my phone and rooted my Captivate I897 using this method. All went well with the root process. I flashed both tar files. The problem is, I have no data connection. I have wifi and phone but no data. I had data prior to rooting the phone.

Phone info -

Samsung-SGH-I897
    Firmware - 2.3.5
    Baseband - I897UCKK4
    Kernal - 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
    Build - Gingerbread.UCKK4

The strange thing is, if I go into the default network setup and switch to manual, I see my regional carrier along with T-Mobile and AT&T. If I pick my carrier it tells me that I am registered on the network. The same goes for T-Mobile. If I try to connect to AT&T I get - Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network - which is what I have always gotten with AT&T. I have even recreated the APN for my carrier. I have pulled the SIM card, rebooted, powered off, installed the SIM card and rebooted. The data icon does show up briefly during boot up and then disappears.

Do I need to flash back to stock and try rooting again or is there something I can do to avoid flashing back to stock?

Thanks

Bill
    I haven't had the issue before. Try searching xda to see if anyone else experience this. I think you might need to do a reset.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

I used Odin to install the TAR file but cannot figure out how to reflash the original KK4 kernel. Any help would be appreciated!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links