Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by ori26 After flashing the fugu kernel - we need to reflash the original kernel - and this kernel is from KF1 Rom... ...

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    After flashing the fugu kernel - we need to reflash the original kernel - and this kernel is from KF1 Rom...
    Is it the same kernel as the 2.3.4 Rom or do you have an updated kernel maybe?
    Everything in the OP should be current, the original kernel flash link after fugu should be 2.3.4 KH3. Let me know if its not and I'll update it.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

The name of the file in the link is kernelKF1.tar, so I assume from the name of it - that it's KF1 kernel...
    Waiting for your update...

the OP is updated

let me know if the name changed again. The link was acting weird when i replaced it. I matched it to the upload and the address look correct, but when I clicked on it, it went to KF1 again even though I changed it... its working correctly now so let me know.

Junior Member cornbread_attdroids's Avatar
    What am I doing wrong. I was running stock 2.2 on my captivate(I897), with superoneclick root. I installed the samfirmware 2.3.4 (PDA-single file flash). I am now running stock 2.3.4. Everything went fine after I sent the phone into recovery and wiped it.
    Baseband: I897UCKH3
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I897UCKH3-CL461307
    Build: GINGERBREAD.UCKH3

When I try to root applying the fuguroot kernel through odin I get the red fish but it continues to bootloop. I pulled the battery and flashed the stock kernel only. The problem is after flashing the original kernel back, the bootloop still exists. I had to reapply the 2.3.4 samfirmware file to get my phone back which obviously kills the root.

Also I am a complete n00b but how do I get the "phone options" shortcut to include the option to disable 3G. I had this on 2.2 and used it quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
    What am I doing wrong. I was running stock 2.2 on my captivate(I897), with superoneclick root. I installed the samfirmware 2.3.4 (PDA-single file flash). I am now running stock 2.3.4. Everything went fine after I sent the phone into recovery and wiped it.
    Baseband: I897UCKH3
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I897UCKH3-CL461307
    Build: GINGERBREAD.UCKH3

When I try to root applying the fuguroot kernel through odin I get the red fish but it continues to bootloop. I pulled the battery and flashed the stock kernel only. The problem is after flashing the original kernel back, the bootloop still exists. I had to reapply the 2.3.4 samfirmware file to get my phone back which obviously kills the root.

Also I am a complete n00b but how do I get the "phone options" shortcut to include the option to disable 3G. I had this on 2.2 and used it quite often.
    This was suggested in a PM to me if you want to try. They said the fugu shut down for them but I always pulled the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ori26
    When I flashed fugu kernel it showed the red fish and then the device shut down by itself
    At this point You need to flash the original kernel (and not boot once -cause it would mess everything up) - and it works and you have root
    (and you don't need to take battery out)

The fugu kernel is suppose to bootloop indicating that you need a regular kernel.

I suggest downloading the kernel again. If this does not work I can get you a link for a kernel that has CWM support. I have not posted it yet because its still in beta but worth a shot in trying. The only issue with the CWM is you can not restore your nandroid backups.

As for the disable 3G, I never have used the option so I am not sure on where it is and since I am running a custom ROM at the moment I can not check if its part of stock. Since this is a leak AT&T update, it could it be that the option will make the final cut, I am not sure. I know the RAT is restricted with Stock AT&T so you can try out this method to see if it works for you. Tourist In Paradise: Samsung Galaxy S: Turn off HSPA to improve battery life

Junior Member cornbread_attdroids's Avatar
    Thank you NakedNinja42. I downloaded both kernels again and it worked. Odd because I thought I used 2 different kernels before but I must have downloaded those from a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
    Thank you NakedNinja42. I downloaded both kernels again and it worked. Odd because I thought I used 2 different kernels before but I must have downloaded those from a different place.
    Easiest fixes is when you just have to download it again

Glad you got it working!

New update for Captivate Gingerbread. Firmware KI2 is 2.3.5. OP has been updated.

I wish I could change the title of the thread to be the same OP title. Dorian, can you make the change or tell me how?

WERA689
    I took care of it for ya, ninja!

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links