Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by WERA689 I took care of it for ya, ninja! Awesome! Good looking out Wera!...

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I took care of it for ya, ninja!
    Awesome! Good looking out Wera!
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

I realized this morning that I posted link for KI1 instead of KI2

I changed the OP with the new link. Anyone that download and flashed KI1 can flash KI2 on top of it without going through all the steps again. I verified that this morning that it will only format the /system so you might lose a few apps if you moved anything there. You will lose root, need to root again after the update.

Hi Ninja!
    1. If I'm on - 2.3.4 KH3 stock - Can I skip to step 4?
    2. Is this KI2 firmware is deodexed?
    3. Why didn't sami-firmware publish this firmware? is it because it's not originally made for captivate? (where did it leak from?)
    4. crt60 had also published a mod for the battery % - can you publish an apk version?
    5. Do I have to install the crt apk? or just copy the apk file where you directed?
    6. Is this KI2 firmware any faster?

Thanks a lot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Hi Ninja!
    1. If I'm on - 2.3.4 KH3 stock - Can I skip to step 4?
    2. Is this KI2 firmware is deodexed?
    3. Why didn't sami-firmware publish this firmware? is it because it's not originally made for captivate? (where did it leak from?)
    4. crt60 had also published a mod for the battery % - can you publish an apk version?
    5. Do I have to install the crt apk? or just copy the apk file where you directed?
    6. Is this KI2 firmware any faster?

Thanks a lot!!!
    Hey ori,

1. Yes, you can move to step 4 since your still on KH3. You might not have to do data wipe, but if you start getting force closes, then you'll need to start from step 1.

2. This is 100% stock, it is not deodex.

3. Samfirmware wasn't the first to release any firmware after KE3 and KF1. The builds KH3, KI1 and KI2 were released from Sampro – Profesjonalnie i z pasj, a Polish site that does the same as samfirmware. The user Przekret is on XDA and has released other Samsung leaks.

4. CRT60 has released a few mods I tried to install on my phone but ended up having to reflash afterwards because of bootloop. He has fixed the issues by now, but until a working CWM is released with nandroid backup comes out, I do not recommend installing any other third party MOD unless you flash a FULL custom ROM like Fasty III on XDA.

5. Since the framework-res.apk is not a odex or deodex file, this MOD is easy to deal with. You can not install the MOD just like you would for any APK. You need to move it to the directory that I listed in the OP and set permissions. The good thing about the MOD is if the phone freaks out and freezes then soft reboot, your phone is still safe (I didn't have that same luxury flashing CRT60 MODS ...)

6. KI2 "feels" smoother but it could be placebo effect . I am really enjoying having it on my phone but I have not had to much time to play with it yet since it's fully stable finally after reinstalling a couple times from trying to add other MODs like extended power menu. (Which is why I want a working CWM with nandroid before I try anything else)

Thank s for all the info and experience!

By the way, what do you think about the FastyIII Rom you mentioned?
    Have you tried it?
    Would you recommend it for daily use?

And one more noob question:
    What's the best way to clear dalvik cache? Do I have to do it if I make a factory reset?

sent from my Samsung Captivate

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Thank s for all the info and experience!

By the way, what do you think about the FastyIII Rom you mentioned?
    Have you tried it?
    Would you recommend it for daily use?

And one more noob question:
    What's the best way to clear dalvik cache? Do I have to do it if I make a factory reset?

sent from my Samsung Captivate
    I am still running stock and think I will be for awhile... unless I get the itch to flash :D

I have run Fasty in the past and he is a good dev that makes solid ROMs. The dev phone recently died (not sure sure how) and he is still releasing new ROMs. Another dev I like is watsa with Pinnacle (I897) and Apex (I9000). He does a lot of features but has not done an update for KI2 yet.

If you have CWM kernel installed then it will be under Advanced. If you are running stock (blue font), when you do a factory reset, it wipes EVERYTHING so you do not need to worry about Dalvik Cache.

I read in an earlier post in this thread that you could flash 2.3.4 using CWM on a Stock, Out-of-the-box Cappy, is this true? And if so, which version of CWM would I need. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    I read in an earlier post in this thread that you could flash 2.3.4 using CWM on a Stock, Out-of-the-box Cappy, is this true? And if so, which version of CWM would I need. Thanks for all of your hard work.
    Since gingerbread release for Captivate, CWM has to be loaded on a stock phone via flashing a kernel with ODIN. The only version out currently with CWM right now that supports KI2 build is from Boog on XDA but it was built with KI1 and works on KI2. Check out XDA for more information on this.

I decided to leave out the CWM portion since I can not support it and it has some issues still (can not make backups). Since you have to flash using ODIN anyways, you can flash this stock leak.

If you plan on flashing a theme or want to have deodex ROM, check out XDA, there are a couple threads on it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I just used your walk-through, it was simple and easy to follow. I just got it all setup and running, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    I just used your walk-through, it was simple and easy to follow. I just got it all setup and running, thanks again!
    Your welcome! I'm glad you got it running, I've been really happy running this build. :D

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links