Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hi Ninja! About backup before an update: I've got the following covered: contacts, sms, call logs, APN, Apps of course, Wifi passwords, bookmarks, Even ringtone ...

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Hi Ninja!
    About backup before an update:
    I've got the following covered: contacts, sms, call logs, APN, Apps of course, Wifi passwords, bookmarks,
    Even ringtone association - can be restored using "Back my Tone"

So, what I haven't found yet is - how to restore the alarm clock settings (I have a few alarms in different times and days)

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Hi Ninja!
    About backup before an update:
    I've got the following covered: contacts, sms, call logs, APN, Apps of course, Wifi passwords, bookmarks,
    Even ringtone association - can be restored using "Back my Tone"

So, what I haven't found yet is - how to restore the alarm clock settings (I have a few alarms in different times and days)
    Are you using the stock alarm clock? You could try backup in TiBu and restore data only after upgrading. I don't really recommend this because you should never restore system apps between different builds. Could cause problems.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Are you using the stock alarm clock? You could try backup in TiBu and restore data only after upgrading. I don't really recommend this because you should never restore system apps between different builds. Could cause problems.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    I do use the stock alarm clock, and I tried restoring data only with TiBu in the last update and it didn't work...
    Thanks any way

Thanks Ninja!
    First time updating other than through Kies, tutorial was easy to follow.

Only hiccup I've noticed so far is I am no longer able to set custom ringtones for contacts. I get "Error, unable to save contact changes." when trying to set a custom ringtone. I get the same error when adding a phone number or changing contact information, but the change still goes gets saved.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if there is a way to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Thanks Ninja!

Only hiccup I've noticed so far is I am no longer able to set custom ringtones for contacts. I get "Error, unable to save contact changes." when trying to set a custom ringtone. I get the same error when adding a phone number or changing contact information, but the change still goes gets saved.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if there is a way to fix it
    i noticed this as well but i use the same ringtone for every contact i tested it on a contact to see what happened i am getting what u r getting

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Thanks Ninja!

Hmm, I had not noticed that till now. I have the same issue as well. I'll look around to see if I can find an easy fix for this.

Dawn and Sparky, do you sync your contacts? If so, with what? gmail, yahoo?

Mine sync through gmail.

I played around and found that a ringtone could be assigned when making brand new contact, but it could not be changed after that. It affects both contacts through gmail, and phone contacts.

I have mine saved as a vcard on my sd card but i do notice this refuses to root

Refuse to root? Please elaborate...

I haven't found anything on why KI2 will not save edits done to contacts. I tested out the contacts.apk from KI1 and KH3 and found out that KI1 has the issue as well. KH3 does not. I was able to move KH3 to /system/app and successfully saved a ringtone for an individual. This solution is definitely not my favorite, but the only one I can find at the moment.

1) Download the KH3-contacts-apk.zip Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

2) Extract and move the contacts.apk to /sdcard

3) Move the contacts.apk to /system/app (The phone is NOT going to like this, my screen went black and nothing happened so I did a restart by holding power button and volume up. If you are lucky and it does not do anything more than give a bunch of force close, go to next step).

4) If you had to reboot the phone or getting a bunch of force closes, go to /system/app and locate contacts.odex and delete this file.

5) Reboot

6) Test out and edit contacts.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links