- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; found another problem: when i downloaded a certain number of apps, it says fail to download because there is insufficient space in device, but when ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

found another problem: when i downloaded a certain number of apps, it says fail to download because there is insufficient space in device, but when i check my storage i still have a good 8GB left. is it have anything to do with mounting/unmounting SD/ system/cache at recovery mode??

you could find a way to download the apk's from somewhere online and then force install on sd card
    Dorian your jvp really works since your update i have working 3G turbo now

I wonder though will this work on the Samsung Vibrant as well if not i want to try and avoid cyanogen mod if at all possible if i have to upload a custom rom to root a persons phone if they have updated it to far

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by zombyfood View Post
    found another problem: when i downloaded a certain number of apps, it says fail to download because there is insufficient space in device, but when i check my storage i still have a good 8GB left. is it have anything to do with mounting/unmounting SD/ system/cache at recovery mode??
    That is actually a market issue. Google is having quite a few issues with the market app here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Dorian your jvp really works since your update i have working 3G turbo now
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I wonder though will this work on the Samsung Vibrant as well if not i want to try and avoid cyanogen mod if at all possible if i have to upload a custom rom to root a persons phone if they have updated it to far
    Actually, it will work on a Vibrant, but there's some things that have to be changed before you flash it. You have to change the kernel, modem, capacitive key layout file, lights-s5pc110.so, and a couple more things...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That is actually a market issue. Google is having quite a few issues with the market app here lately.
    Thought they fixed that with the 8/28 gapps? Reboot fixes it temporarily though.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    If you still need a volunteer, I'm in!
    Aeromac18 - did you and Dorian get his 2.3.5 working ? I have not seen any posts with details...

Dorian in your next build you should include dev tools and maybe spare parts (idea taken from cyanogen mod)

Since I am on JVP 2.0, I have a problem with my microphone - people complain a lot about quality - it seems that the sensitivity is screwed up. When i put the speakerphone - then it is perfect, but when I turn off the speaker, people say that it sounds like i'm screaming into the phone and hard to understand. Any ideas?

EDIT:
    Just flashed KJ3 and the microphone sensitivity issue is gone... Dorian, did I get a lemon on JVP? LOL
    I did enjoy it a lot though and was just ignoring occasional complains

i am not sure if it is water damage that has happened to my phone recently or if it is something in JVP but i noticed if i call landlines the phone wont hang up if the other end hangs up i have to manual hang up with it but if its a cellular call it will hang up

Quote Originally Posted by ktuluslav View Post
    Since I am on JVP 2.0, I have a problem with my microphone - people complain a lot about quality - it seems that the sensitivity is screwed up. When i put the speakerphone - then it is perfect, but when I turn off the speaker, people say that it sounds like i'm screaming into the phone and hard to understand. Any ideas?

EDIT:
    Just flashed KJ3 and the microphone sensitivity issue is gone... Dorian, did I get a lemon on JVP? LOL
    I did enjoy it a lot though and was just ignoring occasional complains
    It is because the I9000 ROMs and phone do not have support for the audiance chip built into the phone like the KJ3 build. So to have the clarity for the mic, you need a I897 kernel and modem.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links