- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; This rom is crazy super smooth I've been using it all day, this is amazing! though while flashing it got stuck and I had to ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This rom is crazy super smooth I've been using it all day, this is amazing! though while flashing it got stuck and I had to re flash everything and start over.. weird but oh well Anyways its almost perfect ! Great job on this one ! (:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Flashed it yesterday but almost bricked my phone at the step "Now, put your phone in download mode and flash this kernel with ODIN --> Xcaliburinhand's Reoriented 2.0 No Voodoo" Fortunately although it said "Firmware update Failed - Try using recovery mode."
    I was able to restart the ODIN process to load the No Voodoo kernel and continue on. I like this ROM much better than all previous Dorian's masterpieces. The only thing (and this may be my phone's peculiarity) when making a call the screen goes all black afte pressing the "Phone" button to dial until the called phone starts ringing and answers - this happens mostly the first outgoing call after a boot !? I must say it also was happening with JVH 2.0 Stable.
    The rest of the performance is REALLY smooth. Thanks again Dorian

I had the same trouble. Actually went to a brick for a bit there with the little picture of the phone ! computer. Yeah. That was fun. Oh well. I've bricked enough in the last year that I figured it out and got the ROM loaded. It was worth the wait / trouble! I'm not really a fan of the kernel though. Any reason for that specific kernel? I usually use some variation of Talon - xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL][JVP]TalonDEV 0.3.1 [OC/UV][VoodooSnd v9][ZRAM][EXT4][340MB] NEW VERSIONS! - which I can OC and still maintain stability. It seems to manage the memory better and prevent some of the lag I've seen with other kernels. Maybe I just have too much stuff running at the same time for these other kernels, but for Talon works great for me.

Thank you for the GB tablet email app! I LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Flashed it yesterday but almost bricked my phone at the step "Now, put your phone in download mode and flash this kernel with ODIN --> Xcaliburinhand's Reoriented 2.0 No Voodoo" Fortunately although it said "Firmware update Failed - Try using recovery mode."
    I was able to restart the ODIN process to load the No Voodoo kernel and continue on. I like this ROM much better than all previous Dorian's masterpieces. The only thing (and this may be my phone's peculiarity) when making a call the screen goes all black afte pressing the "Phone" button to dial until the called phone starts ringing and answers - this happens mostly the first outgoing call after a boot !? I must say it also was happening with JVH 2.0 Stable.
    The rest of the performance is REALLY smooth. Thanks again Dorian

thats weird...mine soft bricked too...had to reflash....it's happened quite a few times with a few other odin 1 clicks...so no worries....but this is wierd that it happen to all of us lol

really smooth rom...only 1 force close...(first time i opened contacts)...other than that runs fast....61% battery after 6 hours

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Interesting. I never seem to have those problems...LOL. And I flash them the way I put the directions. Something is obviously different. I just don't know what. ?

Anyway though, glad you all got it working smooth! Aside from JVQ, this is the absolute latest thing out of Samsung.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Aside from JVQ, this is the absolute latest thing out of Samsung.
    Wait 10 minutes and that will change Seems like they're pumping out two a week.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Anybody have any idea how to get your hands on the Tweaks app that I've seen in some Kernels as a stand alone for the Captivate? I really liked the mods that you could make, but apparently it only works on certain kernels? I'm using the Talon kernel, as it seems to run the smoothest on my phone, but I also have one of the 1st Gen Captivates that has a habit of restarting itself for no reason, so I have to be careful what I load vs. other users. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I loaded this build last night, Dorian, and I made it an entire working day, with five email accounts, Facebook, Twitter and two other apps syncing every 30 to 90 minutes over 3G - and my battery was at 41% after 9 hours and heavy music listening for the last two hours. This is awesome. It's still a bit laggy, but that's where the Tweaks app comes in (for me anyway). Some of the memory specific tweaks seemed to really cut out the lag and gave me a very clean user experience with your JVH build. I don't know enough about kernel development to understand why or what, so that's why I'm bugging you guys. I hope everyone has an outstanding holiday weekend (for those that are in the States that is)...

Interesting. I never seem to have those problems...LOL. And I flash them the way I put the directions. Something is obviously different. I just don't know what. ?

Anyway though, glad you all got it working smooth! Aside from JVQ, this is the absolute latest thing out of Samsung.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Anybody have any idea how to get your hands on the Tweaks app that I've seen in some Kernels as a stand alone for the Captivate? I really liked the mods that you could make, but apparently it only works on certain kernels? I'm using the Talon kernel, as it seems to run the smoothest on my phone, but I also have one of the 1st Gen Captivates that has a habit of restarting itself for no reason, so I have to be careful what I load vs. other users. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I loaded this build last night, Dorian, and I made it an entire working day, with five email accounts, Facebook, Twitter and two other apps syncing every 30 to 90 minutes over 3G - and my battery was at 41% after 9 hours and heavy music listening for the last two hours. This is awesome. It's still a bit laggy, but that's where the Tweaks app comes in (for me anyway). Some of the memory specific tweaks seemed to really cut out the lag and gave me a very clean user experience with your JVH build. I don't know enough about kernel development to understand why or what, so that's why I'm bugging you guys. I hope everyone has an outstanding holiday weekend (for those that are in the States that is)...
    Hmm... That app is installed as a part of the kernel. It's inside the zImage.

BUT.. A very useful app for memory related tasks is Autokiller Memory Optimizer. If you don't use the task manager parts, and just use the minfree tweak presets, it can speed things up QUITE a bit.

How you do it is install the app and it will ask for SU permissions. Tap menu, then presets. Personally, I use Aggressive. What that does is tweak Android's core task-manager to keep as close as possible to the presets free memory settings, so Android itself will kill off tasks faster.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Yeah, again, I'm on the Talon Kernel so I can OC a bit - and the latest builds of Talon don't have the Tweaks app. The DEV moved away from Chainfire's stuff in favor of some other stuff. Somebody explained the tech talk, but it went over my head. LOL. Thanks for the tip. I'll loaded the app up and it did exactly what the Tweaks app was doing for me. Freeing up about 60megs of memory and making things a lot more snappy. AWESOME!

Hmm... That app is installed as a part of the kernel. It's inside the zImage.

BUT.. A very useful app for memory related tasks is Autokiller Memory Optimizer. If you don't use the task manager parts, and just use the minfree tweak presets, it can speed things up QUITE a bit.

How you do it is install the app and it will ask for SU permissions. Tap menu, then presets. Personally, I use Aggressive. What that does is tweak Android's core task-manager to keep as close as possible to the presets free memory settings, so Android itself will kill off tasks faster.

The google plus integration is flawless (: the battery life I find is shorter than jvh but I think its just a calibration issue for me... occasionally I have to pull the battery because it will get stuck but its otherwise a perfect rom
    Great work (:
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links