- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I'm loving the heck out of this so far, but it seems to suck the life out of my battery twice as fast as the ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

I'm loving the heck out of this so far, but it seems to suck the life out of my battery twice as fast as the last Dorian build I was running. I don't think it's bad enough to make me want to go back, but it would be nice to make it at least half a day without having to plug in. Great job again Dorian.

I've seen several different ways to recalibrate the battery stats, but none that don't involve having the phone off for hours. Am I missing something or is there not an option that will allow the phone to stay on the entire time?

I've been wondering that as well. I don't think these builds have that option, in like JVH and up from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_TX View Post
    I'm loving the heck out of this so far, but it seems to suck the life out of my battery twice as fast as the last Dorian build I was running. I don't think it's bad enough to make me want to go back, but it would be nice to make it at least half a day without having to plug in. Great job again Dorian.

I've seen several different ways to recalibrate the battery stats, but none that don't involve having the phone off for hours. Am I missing something or is there not an option that will allow the phone to stay on the entire time?

Well, I bit the bullet and tried to top off the charge this morning after my EU users were likely at the pubs. The phone just dropped to 10% after unplugging it 14 hours ago. That's the longest this has every lasted me on a normal day of usage. Loving it even more now....but would still love the option to reset it without taking the downtime. I guess we'll have to wait.

Thanks again Dorian. You keep producing gold for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    I've been wondering that as well. I don't think these builds have that option, in like JVH and up from what I've seen.

I must be dumb cause I got 2.3.4 official flashed on my i897 with i897 uckf1 modem but i cant flash this??
    Noob questions...(I guess) in step 1 I flash with odin in download mode right?..then go back to download mode and flash the kernal, then recovery mode for jvp 2.0...but since it wont boot up when do i copy the jvp to my internal or....i am lost

Quote Originally Posted by DroBlowers View Post
    I must be dumb cause I got 2.3.4 official flashed on my i897 with i897 uckf1 modem but i cant flash this??
    Noob questions...(I guess) in step 1 I flash with odin in download mode right?..then go back to download mode and flash the kernal, then recovery mode for jvp 2.0...but since it wont boot up when do i copy the jvp to my internal or....i am lost
    In my case I copied jvp to my external sd before doing step 1. I was not able to do the one click flash though. I used I897UCKF1.rar to flash and worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DroBlowers View Post
    You can mount your internal sd card while in recovery mode I'm pretty sure its under mounts and storage if that's what the section is called aha

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Quick question sorry if asked before how can I use this rom with the Samsung gb bootloader I use heimdal with Linux to flash can I install Samsung gb bootloader then pull the other files out of the rar and put then where they need to go. Been putting off going to gb but thinks bow is the time with this rom thanks for your help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Dorian, i moved to this rom running the samfirmware GB bootloaders worked great, one quick question, about change the theme a little, I have always changed the date the H 3g G and E to the stock images, its just me I tried to do this with this rom and now no more green but white and the same as icons that came with the rom. did things change in GB just repacked with icons with Krusader for ubuntu and pushed to phone as normal. Krusader always worked like winrar for windows.

Any help would be great, so far this rom is great no issues found yet will monitor tomorrow but thanks for another great job.

Tony

Sorry I figured it out the SystemUI.apk had to be edited too

Sent from my I897

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyzz View Post
    Sorry I figured it out the SystemUI.apk had to be edited too

Sent from my I897
    Yep, SystemUI.apk in Gingerbread has all the status bar items, unlike in Froyo and Eclair where they were all in the framework-res.apk. Sorry I didn't respond earlier...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links