- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dorian no need to apologize Thanks you for your excellent roms and support Sent from my Samsung Captive I897...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Dorian no need to apologize
    Thanks you for your excellent roms and support

Sent from my Samsung Captive I897

A curiosity question, If I moved from Dorian's JVH (after doing all the Gingerbread loaders etc) and then did the UCKF1 Odin One-Click to get to GB 2.3.4 do I now have the Captivate GB Bootloader or the i9000 bootloaders. :confused:

I would say you would have the Samsung captivate gingerbread bootloaders if using the original UCKF1 files. If you use a different package by someone else it would depend on how they packaged it from what I have read DG's one click uses captivate

Anyone find a fix for the battery issue love the rom some morning take off the charger and it drops to 58% other mornings anywhere from 85% to 70% can charge to 100% after unplugging ans plugging back in but normally charge all night

I know it a Samsung issue but any work arounds

Not planning to change from this just wish Samsung wouldn't have messed with it

So I got bored with cm7 and the build bots that created 3 new bugs for every one they fixed and flashed this last night.

Only a few issues with this one -> Edit: Realized I tibu'd a lot of system framework over from cm7. Re-flashed and the issues are gone.

On the plus side though, the new market app and the LG widgets work just fine on this (the lg memo widget from the OP is in the zip).
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    So I got bored with cm7 and the build bots that created 3 new bugs for every one they fixed and flashed this last night.

Only a few issues with this one -> Edit: Realized I tibu'd a lot of system framework over from cm7. Re-flashed and the issues are gone.

On the plus side though, the new market app and the LG widgets work just fine on this (the lg memo widget from the OP is in the zip).
    Yea, the CM7 build bot is horrible like that. I usually just compile my own from CM7 source... it's simple as pie in Ubuntu. Takes about 15 minutes to build... and you can edit everything you want before building. Then it gets compiled into a flashable zip.

About this one, I'm going to upload a final version of this later this evening. JVP 2.1 Final will have the new market, some UI tweaks, an updated kernel, and several other things.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian

With the release the 2.1 final will it be a complete wipe or upgrade
    And most important will it come with bootloaders if so I should be able to pull them out hopefully I am runny captivate GB bootloaders from Samsung
    And don't want to mess up th bootloaders again
    I use heimdall to upgrade if not a flash upgrade as I use Ubuntu

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yea, the CM7 build bot is horrible like that. I usually just compile my own from CM7 source... it's simple as pie in Ubuntu. Takes about 15 minutes to build... and you can edit everything you want before building. Then it gets compiled into a flashable zip.
    With that said, I'm now trying to learn Ubuntu again.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

I am wondering, do I got back to stock using the original odin1click I am using Dorians XXJPY 2.2.1 V3 and have been having issues with my phone recently. Basically I will have perfect 3g service then I will lose the data and go to emergency calls only and I will have to restart my phone at least once if not more to get service back. This happens multiple times a day and recently been getting worse. It has happened 3 times in the last hour. At first I though I was having issues with the WiFi but even after disabling that I still have issues. It all started about a day or so ago, before I had full service with no issues.

Also do I root while in stock to install rom manager like I did with XXJPY. I don't do this very often so I don't really keep up on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

About this one, I'm going to upload a final version of this later this evening. JVP 2.1 Final will have the new market, some UI tweaks, an updated kernel, and several other things.
    Dorian - where can I find your JVP 2.1 Final ? :confused:

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links