- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by JackJ I am wondering, do I got back to stock using the original odin1click I am using Dorians XXJPY 2.2.1 V3 and ...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    I am wondering, do I got back to stock using the original odin1click I am using Dorians XXJPY 2.2.1 V3 and have been having issues with my phone recently. Basically I will have perfect 3g service then I will lose the data and go to emergency calls only and I will have to restart my phone at least once if not more to get service back. This happens multiple times a day and recently been getting worse. It has happened 3 times in the last hour. At first I though I was having issues with the WiFi but even after disabling that I still have issues. It all started about a day or so ago, before I had full service with no issues.

Also do I root while in stock to install rom manager like I did with XXJPY. I don't do this very often so I don't really keep up on everything.
    Yes, you definitely need root to use the rom manager. The AIO toolbox that's stickied in this section can do all of that for you.

I would try to flash a different modem to get around the emergency calls only problem.[Modems] - (Froyo & Gingerbread) - WCDMA 850 enabled - xda-developers If you're on 2.2 you'll need one that says "Download for CWM2 (Froyo Based Roms)" If you're on Dorians rom, stick to the i9000 modems. If after trying a few different modems like jk4 or kc1 and you're still getting that problem, it's probably a network issue. They are upgrading towers in my area so I would assume other areas are getting tower upgrades as well.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

So uh, followed the directions and now I get the error 'The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped working unexpectedly. please try again) every time I touch the screen almost, also no keyboards.

Also says phone is not installed.

I think figgered out what I did, i put the boot loader in the PDA section not the boot loader. Re-did it and all seems to be working now.

Hi all this just happened to my this morning.
    I left the phone charging all night rebooted before unplug and left it there. When I went back and wake it up I had the puzzle lock screen?????
    I see no option to select lock screens on the room Dorian any idea how this happened .... and how I could get it back :P

I just got it again. I was ding nothing in particular just waked up my phone and there it was the puzzle lock screen.
    Unlock, lock, press the power button and back to the normal unlock screen.
    Eastern egg?

I'm looking for it to - so if you find it - please let me know! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian - where can I find your JVP 2.1 Final ? :confused:

It happened once again :P this time I notice something else.
    The text on the lock screen says "Swipe the glass to unlock" even when the lock scree was the puzzle screen.
    Seems like there might be a little "mix" in the locks screens.

I would love to make puzzle the default lock screen.

I notice that recently i've been having apps that when i launch them after a few seconds then just return to the home launcher like its not a force quit is as is the home button pretends to press itself or something idk, the two apps i've had the problem with so far is Twitter and the Dialer for some reason .. its weird have to clear the ram and sometimes restart to stop it, any ideas?

Ok. Noob problems. I decided to flash JVP 2.0 Stable. I used beo's AIO Captivate Toolbox. Flashed the phone back to stock. Then rooted it. Then flash JVP 2.0 stable. Everything appeared to go great. After everything completed, I rebooted. After my captivate rebooted, it got past the AT&T boot up logo, then garbled blue at the bottom of the screen. Then heard some metallic female voice stating something about backing up partition, then more stuff, and finally said something about rooted video installed or uploaded. Then it attempts to switch to some sort of screen or boot screen. Not sure as it is all garbled as well. Then the phone either turns off, or reboots and trys to start again. If it does start it again it goes through this whole process over and over again. I have allowed it to shut down and reboot/restart 3-4 in row. Then I get paranoid and stop it. Would someone help this older man from having a heart attack? I love tinkering with things. But this is beyond me. My bro is gonna kill me cause this is roughly a 2 month old Samsung Galaxy S Captivate? As a side question? What is the difference between a captivate and the captivate mtd? Thanks for any and all help!! Very much appreciated!!

I did research a little about soft and hard bricking. I have tried a few suggestions about how to get the phone into download mode and using odin3. But nothing has worked thus far. Wonder if this phone is bricked solid? Or if there is something I'm missing??? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Persona View Post
    Ok. Noob problems. I decided to flash JVP 2.0 Stable. I used beo's AIO Captivate Toolbox. Flashed the phone back to stock. Then rooted it. Then flash JVP 2.0 stable. Everything appeared to go great. After everything completed, I rebooted. After my captivate rebooted, it got past the AT&T boot up logo, then garbled blue at the bottom of the screen. Then heard some metallic female voice stating something about backing up partition, then more stuff, and finally said something about rooted video installed or uploaded. Then it attempts to switch to some sort of screen or boot screen. Not sure as it is all garbled as well. Then the phone either turns off, or reboots and trys to start again. If it does start it again it goes through this whole process over and over again. I have allowed it to shut down and reboot/restart 3-4 in row. Then I get paranoid and stop it. Would someone help this older man from having a heart attack? I love tinkering with things. But this is beyond me. My bro is gonna kill me cause this is roughly a 2 month old Samsung Galaxy S Captivate? As a side question? What is the difference between a captivate and the captivate mtd? Thanks for any and all help!! Very much appreciated!! I did research a little about soft and hard bricking. I have tried a few suggestions about how to get the phone into download mode and using odin3. But nothing has worked thus far. Wonder if this phone is bricked solid? Or if there is something I'm missing??? :confused:
    It is not clear you did the first 2 steps in Dorian's instruction. As long as you can get to download mode using vol up+vol down then inserting USB cable or vol down+power button. Go back to stock mod as mentioned in Dorian's instruction, then root your phone, then follow the instruction. Before Flashing the 2.0 zip, you may want to do a data wipe/factory reset.

Do not know the diff of captovate and mtd.

Unable to boot into download mode. Have tried many various suggestions from across the web, including xda. Nothing has worked thus far. Any suggestions on what I should do? Maybe attempt to make a jig I read about? When does a person know their phone is bricked forever? Willing to try any new suggestions. Thank you for the support thus far. As for the first 2 steps. Don't think I did them. Wasn't the brighest move in hind sight. Would love to get back to a working station. Ugh!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links