- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Well, you know us flash addicts, it's been a while and JVR has come out a while a go, so I've been on APEX from ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Well, you know us flash addicts, it's been a while and JVR has come out a while a go, so I've been on APEX from XDA and running the Talon test kernels. But, as always, they don't have that "Dorian" touch - so I will of course flash a Dorian JVR build in a New York minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Thanks! And yes... lots of work lately.

About the JVP 2.1, I decided to scrap it, and wait for a version with a better working browser. I'm going to post a JVR version here in a few days...

How's JVP been treating you guys?

JVP has been treating me well ehh. uhh. i mean, occasional issues where the phone freezes up and stuff. but great nonetheless (:

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    JVP has been treating me well ehh. uhh. i mean, occasional issues where the phone freezes up and stuff. but great nonetheless (:
    Me too but Dorian over two weeks ago you said: "I'm going to post a JVR version here in a few days..."
    Remember as DaUnderSherif said: "Well, you know us flash addicts, it's been a while and JVR has come out a while a go, so I've been on APEX from XDA and running the Talon test kernels. But, as always, they don't have that "Dorian" touch - so I will of course flash a Dorian JVR build in a New York minute. "
    Please ...

I am still running JVH.. I get about 17 days out of it before I have to reboot it.. That is on average.. No need to change that kind of stability out for JVP.. However the next Dorian stable that comes out I will try since lets face it.. He is an artist..

However Dorian needs to add back in Record calls.. That was the hot sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    However Dorian needs to add back in Record calls.. That was the hot sex...
    Hey hey, and maybe that hacked camera ;D sorry it was just too nice using the power button as a shutter key.

Dorian do you plan to fix the internet problem with your custom rom I got your rom to get rid of the ugly dreaded ipod look and have regular looking android but then i realize i cant get online with the phone or use messenger without getting on wifi is there a fix for this yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Dorian do you plan to fix the internet problem with your custom rom I got your rom to get rid of the ugly dreaded ipod look and have regular looking android but then i realize i cant get online with the phone or use messenger without getting on wifi is there a fix for this yet
    Have you tried flashing another modem? No one else has reported that issue.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    If you're not getting a network connection then you either have A: a bad flash or B: Dorian's default modem (jv6?) doesn't work in your area. Dorian's rom is a solid build. No question about that. I would recommend either reflashing the entire rom or flashing a different modem.

Modem files are located here: http://soggycashew.weebly.com/i9000-modems.html I would recommend trying JK4 or KC1 first.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    If you're not getting a network connection then you either have A: a bad flash or B: Dorian's default modem (jv6?) doesn't work in your area. Dorian's rom is a solid build. No question about that. I would recommend either reflashing the entire rom or flashing a different modem.

Modem files are located here: [Modems] - (Froyo & Gingerbread) - WCDMA 850 enabled - xda-developers you will want the ones that say "For CWM 3". I would recommend trying I9000UGJK4 or I9000UGKC1 first.
    i think it may been the jv6 modem i would get the H symbol and it would still wouldnt do anything when i went to edge could i been a bad flash and i wouldnt be sure how to flash a modem with odin unless i am suppose to replace the modem files in the archibe before flashing
    at times it would show the H sysmbol other thimes 3g and edge i could send a recieve text messages along with pic

Does anyone have a screenshot of what the Odin v1.81 should look like? I downloaded the JVP 2.0 to my internal SD card and the took the next step which saysDownload and flash the KF1 Gingerbread for Captivate --> UCKF1 Odin One-Click.
    I download this and open the Odin 1.81. From here is where I get lost, I assume the next step is to connect my phone in debugging mode and press the start button on the Odin. Well it doesnt seem that my phone connects. I press the start button and this is what I get in the message box.
    <OSM>Enter CS for MD5
    <OSM>Check MD5..Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM>Please wait..
    <OSM>Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM>Leave CS..
    <OSM>All threads completed. (succeed 0/failed 0)
    Is this being done right? If not can someone please help me?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links