- ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Ok so I was able to get the gingerbread on the phone. Thought all the drivers were installed but apparently not. When flashing the kernel ...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - Dorian's JVP v2.0 Stable - Gingerbread 2.3.4

Ok so I was able to get the gingerbread on the phone. Thought all the drivers were installed but apparently not. When flashing the kernel do I do this with the same Odin I used for the new software? When I attempt to open the Kernel that I downloaded there is no program that will open it. Is there something that I am missing? DO I somehow need to get this to the Odin or should It automatically do this for me? I guess while I am at it what about the JVP 2.0, how do I flash this also?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The procedure for flashing with ODIN is this:
    • Open the ODIN One-Click Downloader
    • Shut your phone down and boot into Download Mode
    • Now plug your phone into your computer
    • Your computer might need to install a driver, but it will do this automatically
    • Your phone should be listed in a yellow box inside ODIN as a COM number
    • Press start
    • ODIN will run through the procedure, flashing your phone with fresh software
    • DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE WHILE IT'S DOING THIS. Doing so would probably result in a brick.
    • After ODIN finishes what it's doing, it will automatically restart your phone, then you're safe to unplug it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianJJ View Post
    Ok so I was able to get the gingerbread on the phone. Thought all the drivers were installed but apparently not. When flashing the kernel do I do this with the same Odin I used for the new software? When I attempt to open the Kernel that I downloaded there is no program that will open it. Is there something that I am missing? DO I somehow need to get this to the Odin or should It automatically do this for me? I guess while I am at it what about the JVP 2.0, how do I flash this also?
    make sure the com port is below 10 it should be like com5 or com6 on odin

I believe the com port was 4 on odin which it downloaded the gingerbread software just fine. Its the next step that I kinda get lost. Like I said I am not sure how to flash the kernel. What steps do I take next and how is it done? I understand that I need the Odin open before I put the phone in download mode and connect it my pc with the usb cable. The Odin picks up on my phone, shows it as a com port. But what from here as far as how to flash the kernel? Same with tje JVP 2.0 file? And do I need to reroot my phone after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    make sure the com port is below 10 it should be like com5 or com6 on odin

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I believe the com port was 4 on odin which it downloaded the gingerbread software just fine. Its the next step that I kinda get lost. Like I said I am not sure how to flash the kernel. What steps do I take next and how is it done? I understand that I need the Odin open before I put the phone in download mode and connect it my pc with the usb cable. The Odin picks up on my phone, shows it as a com port. But what from here as far as how to flash the kernel? Same with tje JVP 2.0 file? And do I need to reroot my phone after this?
    Open ODIN
    Click the "PDA" field and select the kernel
    Make sure your phone is in download mode and plug it in
    Now start the flash...
    It will reboot when done.

After flashing that kernel though, you must flash JVP or you won't be able to use your phone until you put some other software back on it or restore it to stock. That kernel is built specifically for i9000 ROM's and won't work with Captivate based ROM's.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

The Odin that I have does not give me the option to select the PDA field. It does not give me the option to select anything. Is there another version of Odin that I need to do this with? I already have the new gingerbread sotware on the phone. After I flash the kernel and jvp is that all I need to do? Does that root the phone as well?
    Open ODINClick the "PDA" field and select the kernelMake sure your phone is in download mode and plug it inNow start the flash...It will reboot when done. After flashing that kernel though, you must flash JVP or you won't be able to use your phone until you put some other software back on it or restore it to stock. That kernel is built specifically for i9000 ROM's and won't work with Captivate based ROM's.

Hey Dorian by any chance is there a way i can get the APK for the AT&T Messages app? because i can't download it from the market. i know its kind of random, but i just noticed that and i was wondering.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The Odin that I have does not give me the option to select the PDA field. It does not give me the option to select anything. Is there another version of Odin that I need to do this with? I already have the new gingerbread sotware on the phone. After I flash the kernel and jvp is that all I need to do? Does that root the phone as well?

Yes. ODIN 1.83. And yes, JVP is pre-rooted and has busybox already installed. Basically all you'd have to do is flash the kernel and then flash the JVP ROM and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    Hey Dorian by any chance is there a way i can get the APK for the AT&T Messages app? because i can't download it from the market. i know its kind of random, but i just noticed that and i was wondering.
    AT&T Messages.

Thanks for the the information Dorian, thanks for all your help in general. I really appreciate it. Hopefully I wont have to clog up this thread with my newbie questions anymore.

Yes. ODIN 1.83. And yes, JVP is pre-rooted and has busybox already installed. Basically all you'd have to do is flash the kernel and then flash the JVP ROM and you're good to go.

AT&T Messages.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Thanks for the the information Dorian, thanks for all your help in general. I really appreciate it. Hopefully I wont have to clog up this thread with my newbie questions anymore.
    LOL. It's cool. I'd rather someone ask questions than mess up their phone.

Well its finally done and seems to be working like it should. Like the way things are set up. Need to play around with it more to get familiar with it.

LOL. It's cool. I'd rather someone ask questions than mess up their phone.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links