In need of 1 on 1 help, Rooting my Captivate

This is a discussion on In need of 1 on 1 help, Rooting my Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Im having trouble Rooting my Captivate because im running the official 2.2 Im New at all this stuff, and after browsing a bunch of forums ...

Thread: In need of 1 on 1 help, Rooting my Captivate

In need of 1 on 1 help, Rooting my Captivate

Im having trouble Rooting my Captivate because im running the official 2.2
    Im New at all this stuff, and after browsing a bunch of forums and threads i figured that i need one on one help, or a step by step explanation that Defines Everything. Any Help would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do not over think.
    This is the deal with official 2.2 rooting should not be a problem but recovery on that build is locked to run ONLY signed updates, that means even with a rooted phone you won't be able to install clockwork of flash anything else.
    You need to flash the old recovery to be able to move forward, the easiest way is to look for the ODIN one click ECLAIR for captivate. A little search on XDA or google will lead you straight to it.
    Dorian's also sugest using KF1 one click to instal his JVP 2.0 I haven't done it tis way but Dorian is an excellent developer and he knows what he's doing so you can fully trust him on that.
    Just in case you are wondering KF1 was the official release of gingerbread for the captivate, most of the other roms are based on the i9000 GB rooms.

Good Luck!

If you're on the official craptacular AT&T version of 2.2 all you need is: [APP]SuperOneClick v2.0 (MORE ROOTING!) - xda-developers Instructions are in the link, but since you need extra help:

Download the SuperOneClickv2.0b1-ShortFuse.zip file.
    Run SuperOneClick.exe.
    Make sure your phone is set for USB Debugging mode [Menu soft key -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Development -> USB Debugging]
    Connect your usb cable to your phone.
    Wait about 15-20 seconds.
    Click on Root.
    ????
    Profit.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

i installed the SuperOneClickv2.0b1-ShortFuse.zip file on my laptop. when I opened it, it advised that I must flash an insecure kernal to my device before running this software. How do I do that? I hav a Samsung Captivate i897 (2.2). I also installed super one click (other) and when i try to run that with usb cable connected (usb debugging and allow mock locations turned on), it says signature verification failed- installation aborted. It mentioned somewhere that to be able to run super one click for 2.2 I would first need to install a 3e fix. The link for the 3e fix was 404 (not found). I also could not find any working link for a 3e fix download on google.

can anyone help me?

when i tried to run super one click short fuse, it said required file missing

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links