Froyo upgrade to Gingebeard HELP

This is a discussion on Froyo upgrade to Gingebeard HELP within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; My phone original spec- Samsung Captivate: - stock Android 2.1 - factory pre-installed - Current status: Froyo 2.2 I897UCJI6 with rooted and carrier unlocked. Now ...

Thread: Froyo upgrade to Gingebeard HELP

Froyo upgrade to Gingebeard HELP

My phone original spec- Samsung Captivate:
    - stock Android 2.1 - factory pre-installed
    - Current status: Froyo 2.2 I897UCJI6 with rooted and carrier unlocked.

Now I am thinking to upgrade my existing rooted and unlocked Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbeard 2.3.5 I897UCKJ3 ATT firmware.
    My question is what is the correct procedure to perform the firmware upgrade? Should I downgrade to stock 2.1 first before upgrade to 2.3.5 OR I can simply run odin to upgrade to 2.3.5 directly, followed by rooting and unlocking.

Can anyone who has the experience with the 2.3.5 firmware upgrade clarify for me step-by-step how to do this. Thanks in millions.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you can upgrade to 2.3.5 and get root back with designgears-autoroot kernal from UFKC1 or what ever you would flash that kernel in download mode and then have root or u can flash dorians rom and get better speeds with internet

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links