Captivate Death Grip - Video

This is a discussion on Captivate Death Grip - Video within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; A video of the iPhone 4 like death grip in action on the Captivate:...

Thread: Captivate Death Grip - Video

dandroid

Captivate Death Grip - Video

A video of the iPhone 4 like death grip in action on the Captivate:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dammit, I didn't want Jobs' mud slinging to hold any water.

Kinda noticed this on mine today, but it was only dropping by about one bar, so I figured it wasn't that bad. We'll see if this actually results in dropped calls for me.

The first video looks like it could be an issue. The second video however... The guy barely had any signal to start with. I mean, yes, it's common that when you hold your phone just right it may cause a slight decrease in signal, 1-2 bars. If you barely have signal to start with it could result in loss of service or a dropped call. What shouldn't be happening is going from full bars to no signal just from holding the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    The first video looks like it could be an issue. ... What shouldn't be happening is going from full bars to no signal just from holding the phone.
    To be fair, in the first video the guy was covering both sides at the bottom, and the entire back of the phone with his palm. I honestly don't think anyone's ever going to be covering half that much while making a call.

I noticed this 10 minutes after getting my phone. I normally hold the phone similarly to the guy in video 2. If I have five bars, it will drop to three. If I have two bars it will drop the call. I had to start holding it with the thumb on one side and middle finger on the other. Quite a "dainty" looking hold. The signal in my house is pretty poor. In my favorite chair my three year old Q9h gets two bars on average. The Captivate...well, let's just say that I don't make calls or send texts from that favorite chair anymore. The Captivate has worse reception than the wifes iPuke 3GS. Also, the speaker is anemic and the volume of the ear piece leave a lot to be desired. I really want to like this phone. It is AT&Ts best non apple offering so I will probably stay with it but it isn't as good as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sn1per View Post
    To be fair, in the first video the guy was covering both sides at the bottom, and the entire back of the phone with his palm. I honestly don't think anyone's ever going to be covering half that much while making a call.
    Hi! "that guy" here! =P

You're absolutely right. Most people do not hold their phone that way while placing a call. They do, or might, however... touch that problem area while browsing the web.

Here's my new video

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links