Speaker? Disappointing.

This is a discussion on Speaker? Disappointing. within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hello everyone, I'm just curious to know if anybody else is experiencing this problem. I work for AT&T and played around with the demo they ...

Thread: Speaker? Disappointing.

Speaker? Disappointing.

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious to know if anybody else is experiencing this problem. I work for AT&T and played around with the demo they sent us. I noticed when making a call on the phone that it rattled a little bit in the top audio speaker. I didn't think much about it because it was a demo and had passed through several hands and been dropped.

I purchased my'n today and I noticed my'n is doing the same exact thing. At high pitches or when people are talking a little louder than normal it will vibrate and rattle, and it drives me nuts while on the phone to the point I want to disconnect the call.

Is anybody else having this issue? Am I just unlucky that I've seen it on 2 Captivate's now? Should I return it and wait it out, or maybe try my luck exchanging it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow that is really strange, I have never had that issue before with my captivate. The only speaker problem I have had was the speaker volume being to low :/ It could be a bad batch of samsung's ?

I don't have a Captivate, but I have had 2 previous Samsung phones. The speakers on them are not that loud fro my experience. Bot used windows mobile, and I even go into the registry to see if he sound could be boosted some but even at top volume, the phone wasn't loud.

Quote Originally Posted by incognitoboi85 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm just curious to know if anybody else is experiencing this problem. I work for AT&T and played around with the demo they sent us. I noticed when making a call on the phone that it rattled a little bit in the top audio speaker. I didn't think much about it because it was a demo and had passed through several hands and been dropped.

I purchased my'n today and I noticed my'n is doing the same exact thing. At high pitches or when people are talking a little louder than normal it will vibrate and rattle, and it drives me nuts while on the phone to the point I want to disconnect the call.

Is anybody else having this issue? Am I just unlucky that I've seen it on 2 Captivate's now? Should I return it and wait it out, or maybe try my luck exchanging it?
    Maybe you have a weak signal.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

No problems with the speaker here. I thought the speaker was pretty good, tested it against my wife's iPhone and we both thought it was not only louder but sounded nicer. I have some issues with the phone but none of them revolve around the speaker.

Yup, no rattle for me either. Except for the occasional interference sound, bad cell reception?

I'd say slap a gadget guard/invisible shield on it--this does away with any potential rattles and protects the phone to boot. The only downside (I think) is that the phone looks shiny and (just my opinion) plasticky-cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by tempusfugis View Post
    I'd say slap a gadget guard/invisible shield on it--this does away with any potential rattles and protects the phone to boot. The only downside (I think) is that the phone looks shiny and (just my opinion) plasticky-cheap.
    I put a screen protector on mine but it really affected the responsiveness of the android buttons on the bottom. Its off the phone now and its nice and responsive to the touch again. I wouldn't put anything over the screen. I'd take the phone into the store though and have them look at it, might be defective.

I have the speaker problem. It only happens during phone calls, during automated or recorded messages. What I have figured out was the speaker's have a max decibel setting. During the high pitch recordings the speakers decibel levels somehow go above optimal levels and are distorted.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links