Need SERIOUS HELP-Single Contact info

This is a discussion on Need SERIOUS HELP-Single Contact info within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; OK, here is the deal. My fiance and I sold our iPhone 4's to get the new Samsung Captivate for AT&T. (It took some doing, ...

Thread: Need SERIOUS HELP-Single Contact info

Need SERIOUS HELP-Single Contact info

OK, here is the deal. My fiance and I sold our iPhone 4's to get the new Samsung Captivate for AT&T. (It took some doing, but I got her to let go of that locked down signal dropping no sensor having piece of crap), but I digress. My contact info in her phone is the problem. When she wants to send me a text, it automatically deletes the area code for my number, therefore she gets an error. The actual number in the contacts has area code. I NEED HELP with this because she is getting frustrated and wants to go back to her iPhone. Any help is appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is it a google contact? All my google contact phone numbers are saved with the format 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx. try doing that, with the leading 1, both brackets, and the -, and see if that works? I haven't had any problem like what you're mentioning, so I'm just stabbing in the dark here.

That did not work. I just ended up putting my google voice number in there so she can text to it. I also introduced her to google talk, so she is satisfied for now.

Help I have this same problem. The 2 phone numbers I first put into my phone, husband and daughter both default to the number without the area code for text messaging. I have deleted them both completely from the system. and all their linked contacts that I can find. Both numbers still default to the one I put in without the area code. Calling is fine, but texting takes off the area code. If I go to create new message and start typing in their names, I can scroll to the number with the area code. I cannot reply to a text they send me either without going through these steps. These are the 2 people I text most often so its very frustrating. I went into applications, messaging and cleared all the data and started again. These 2 numbers still default to the ones without the area code. Where else could these numbers be stored that I can't erase? All other numbers in my phone are fine.

Delete the contact from your phone. Call the number. Goto your call log. Long press the number and add it to contacts.

it should work if added from the call log.

Darn! I really wanted that to work! I have tried changing names like Angela - to Annie It still defaults to the number without the area code!!!!!!!!! Calling is fine, but for texting it takes off the area code. Thanks anyway! This only happens for the first 2 numbers I added to my phone before I put in the area code.

Quote Originally Posted by debsilyn View Post
    Darn! I really wanted that to work! I have tried changing names like Angela - to Annie It still defaults to the number without the area code!!!!!!!!! Calling is fine, but for texting it takes off the area code. Thanks anyway! This only happens for the first 2 numbers I added to my phone before I put in the area code.
    I don't know why it didn't I had a friend with this problem and after some digging that was the solution that worked. It had to be completely deleted, added to contacts from the call-log (we saved it to google), and it worked.

we tried so many different ways to make it work. I can't remember if we rebooted or anything after the deletions, but it was the exact same problem and we resolved it that way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links