Problem connecting to computer/Kies?

This is a discussion on Problem connecting to computer/Kies? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; My phones almost a week old. First off, it took a while for me to successfully install the proper drivers and Kies for the phone. ...

Thread: Problem connecting to computer/Kies?

Problem connecting to computer/Kies?

My phones almost a week old. First off, it took a while for me to successfully install the proper drivers and Kies for the phone. Second off, it would have been nice if i was told to download Kies instead of having to search the internet to find this out.

but, my problem is that i was only able to connect it 1 time. it took a while for me to figure it out, but eventually i had to restart my computer, and restart the phone by taking the battery out. Now when i try to connect, the phone shows that its connected, but the phone never shows up in Kies. I've restarted the phone a couple of times, but still no luck.

Is there a quick fix to this, or do you think theres something defective with the phone? I know its not my computer because my USB's all work fine for other devices.

Thanks....i love the phone, but just wish it was easier to add/delete music and videos. its getting really frustrating because my external memory card is completely empty right now and theres plenty of stuff i want to put on it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It could be your USB connectivity settings. Try changing the default to "Ask whenever you connect." You should have chosen "Kies" as your connection once you plug it in, if you want to use it with Kies. Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    My phones almost a week old. First off, it took a while for me to successfully install the proper drivers and Kies for the phone. Second off, it would have been nice if i was told to download Kies instead of having to search the internet to find this out.

but, my problem is that i was only able to connect it 1 time. it took a while for me to figure it out, but eventually i had to restart my computer, and restart the phone by taking the battery out. Now when i try to connect, the phone shows that its connected, but the phone never shows up in Kies. I've restarted the phone a couple of times, but still no luck.

Is there a quick fix to this, or do you think theres something defective with the phone? I know its not my computer because my USB's all work fine for other devices.

Thanks....i love the phone, but just wish it was easier to add/delete music and videos. its getting really frustrating because my external memory card is completely empty right now and theres plenty of stuff i want to put on it.
    What OS are u running? I have Win 7 x64 and it is flaky there at best. I've come up with a work-around of sorts: On your phone, go to settings>Applications>USB Settings and choose Samsung Kies (this way there's no prompt when connecting your phone via USB). Now, since you already installed kies, connect the phone and it should auto-launch the application. If it does not, you can either manually launch it or (my choice) just wait for the auto play options window to come up...then you can just open the phone's folder and browse both internal and external (sd card) memory. I like this better 'cause you can just drag and drop media and it will still be catalogued by the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links