Battery life

This is a discussion on Battery life within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; The first two days or so I was really questioning the battery life. My old phone (samsung blackjack 2) could go for days, literally, with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery life

The first two days or so I was really questioning the battery life. My old phone (samsung blackjack 2) could go for days, literally, with moderate use before even losing a bar. But after tinkering with the settings, brightness, etc etc i only use about 50% of battery a day with moderate phone calls, txts(100+/day), and internet use. It is a night and day difference from the first couple days to now. I played a full movie(1hr 40min) on a flight the other day and it only used about 25% of the battery.

The big thing that helped with my battery life was disabling the background data transfer. I had a twitter feed and a few other apps that were continually using my internet and absolutely draining the battery. Now I just disable it and only turn it on when I need it. seems to do the trick for me.

The one I switched to is just called Task Manager. It seems to have more tasks listed than others that I tried (freeing up more space) but its not a resource hog itself. I am still REALLY frustrated that programs like Where and Maps are constantly starting on their own. Are these starting for everyone???

@Trevor You can root the phone, install a few apps like Titanium Backup and Busybox, and uninstall any AT&T Apps you don't need anymore. I have not done this and I believe it will void the warranty, I could be wrong though. I have also read that you are able to re-install everything back, including the AT&T apps, with the original Captivate ROM backup you can find somewhere on the web.

Anybody have done all that successfully?

Windycity,
    I have infact gone through the guide on XDA and removed all AT&T apps and enabled side loading and removed the market restrictions. Then to see if I could return it back to stock, I used the ODIN One Click Stock Recovery walk-through on XDA and my phone was restored back its non-rooted, fresh, out-of-the-box state. So its worth a shot, but there is always a risk of messing it up, but from whatI have read on most of the forums, they are saying the Captivate cannot be bricked.

Apps start by themselves with any android o/s backed phone. They are dormant and in the background so that shouldn't cause you problems unless it's a crazed app. I noticed my battery drained fast today. About half a day. I was on the phone a bit because of work. I do tech support over the phone. It says voice used 75%. I also use voice command to text and not sure if that's using much. The phone is brand new so I'm going to let it cycle all the way down tonight and several more times and see if that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links