Battery life

This is a discussion on Battery life within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Man this is bugging me. My captivate has been getting AWFUL battery life lately...like it won't even get through ONE day. When I first had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery life

Battery life

Man this is bugging me. My captivate has been getting AWFUL battery life lately...like it won't even get through ONE day. When I first had it I could do like 2 days sometimes. I don't know if something is draining it or if I am doing something wrong.

I tried having an app killer and I tried it without, both times the battery was half gone by lunch and wanting a charge by dinner. I am by NO means a power user. I don't watch videos or spend a lot of time playing games (most days I don't play any). I don't have many widgets (clock/date one, picture of my kids, and a calendar one...the last two came on the phone). Any ideas?

How has YOUR battery life been? Maybe i just have a bad one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you are not alone,like you I'm not much of a power user,I tried app killer too,maybe the battery needs drained,charged a couple of cycles,I hope it gets better.everytime I'm in the car I put it on charger,if I don't it would'nt make it half a day

Can either of you think of something different that you are doing now that yiu didn't do before? Maybe a certain app you're using now that you didn't then?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

trevorr77,

If you go to => settings => About Phone => Battery Use. It will give you a list of what and how much battery is being used by different processes and programs.

This might give you guy an idea of what is going on.

HolmanGT,I checked that,75% display,what is wierd is that my battery icon will show 3/4 full,when I check batt.level in status it will show 40%. I used it today starting about 8:30 it was empty by 12:00,its been on charge now for hour&half, levels up to 76%. I have to charge it at least twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by dohboy View Post
    HolmanGT,I checked that,75% display,what is wierd is that my battery icon will show 3/4 full,when I check batt.level in status it will show 40%. I used it today starting about 8:30 it was empty by 12:00,its been on charge now for hour&half, levels up to 76%. I have to charge it at least twice a day
    doboy,

If you have an at&t store close by I would see if you can't get them to swap out your battery or at least loan you one for a couple of days to see if that fixes the problem.

If they won't loan you one, just buy it, you always have the thirty days to return it for a full refund.

I know not much help but you have to start by eliminating something from the equation.

I feel like its been a little better. I installed a different app killer thinking maybe mine was a resource hog or something. I've noticed that Maps is almost always one of the programs showing up on the list. It makes me wonder why it keeps starting itself. Any idea why Maps would keep starting itself on its own? I could see that program being a huge battery hog. Another program that seems to show up is Where which comes with the phone.

trevorr77,

I have noticed the Many apps that start by themselves, I wish I had an answer for that one but could never figure it out. One thing you is turn off the GPS receiver unless you are specifically using it. That may prevent some apps like "Maps" from auto starting???

I did read on some forum I guy complaining about one App Killer that was in itself a battery hog. I don't think he mentioned the name or programing house but he made a comment that he went to another app killer and solved a lot of his problems.

What app killer did you switch to? I let my battery completely die last night and left it powered off on the charger all night and this evening I still have 50% battery. I don't know if that helps but I would give it a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions,I went into my settings, noticed my screen brightness was set on high, put it on auto &power saving mode, made a big difference already, keeping my fingers crossed,I have the app killer that I found here on (pimp my captivate)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links