Google contact problems on Captivate?

This is a discussion on Google contact problems on Captivate? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I got my Captivate the first week and it's been great! However, in the last week or so the Facebook contact links (and sync) have ...

Thread: Google contact problems on Captivate?

Google contact problems on Captivate?

I got my Captivate the first week and it's been great! However, in the last week or so the Facebook contact links (and sync) have stopped working. When I first set it up it worked perfectly, showing my facebook friends integrated with my Google contacts and contacts from my SIM card. After linking them together I had a great, integrated view of my contacts. Now, none of the Google contacts show up and when I attempt to sync manually I get a message that there's a problem with the sync and that it should be back shortly.

I got my wife an HTC Aria and my daughter has a Backflip and everything still works fine for both of them. Anybody else having this problem?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

huh, can't help ya there, not sure what it could be. I definitely don't have this issue but I would be frustrated!

Hopefully doing a reset will fix this issue for you . We did it the other night and it worked out ok.

I'm also having a problem with my google contacts. When I try to open some of my google contacts on my phone I get a message that says "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201008221021_android_process_acore.l og has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log. FORCE CLOSE."
    I've talked with the store and tech support. We did a reset, and traded it out for a new phone when the reset didn't work, but the new phone does it also. Any ideas?

I still don't know what the problem was, but it started working again. Maybe messing around with it I changes something that mattered, but if so it was by accident. It works fine now.

Cool

My phone just started having this issue tonight. It's driving me nuts. I can't access many of my applications, definitely not facebook. grrrrrrrrr:confused:

I have had mine for about a month now with no issues. I had to link all my contacts with my google account because that is the only way I could get them out of my old iphone 3g. No issues so far though.

Ads