Need HELP!! possibly bricked?

This is a discussion on Need HELP!! possibly bricked? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; hi, after i uninstalled the app "launcher pro" on my rooted phone, i wouldnt be able to go back to the home screen of the ...

Thread: Need HELP!! possibly bricked?

Need HELP!! possibly bricked?

hi,

after i uninstalled the app "launcher pro" on my rooted phone, i wouldnt be able to go back to the home screen of the captivate. It would just be a white screen with nothing on it. I couldn't click the setting button so i just installed launcher pro again so that i can see my home screen again and then used the setting button again to do the "restore to factory condition".

After that, it only became worse..the default is a black screen(i can make phone calls/text/and everything else you'd need form home screen" and i always get this error whenever i try and do something such as simply trying to search for an app.

"Sorry!.. The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201009100122_android_process_acore.l og has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log."
    and it only has an option to force close.

Help would be very much appreciated. This situation has got me pretty worried.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is almost (keyword almost) impossible to brick a captivate. So don't worry

#1, try a factory reset. If that does not work do the following:

Start here: [STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers - xda-developers

================================================== =========

This is what I do to get this to work. Please note that is is not just Odin3, it is a modified Odin3 that has the stock AT&T Captivate rom loaded.

1. Download and install the USB drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

2. Download the zip version here (from XDA):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4

3. Unzip the downloaded file

4. Enable USB debugging on your phone

5. Shut your phone off, take out the battery, sim card and micro sd

6. But the battery back in, do not turn your phone on

7. Start Odin3 (It's the I897UCJf6-final-OCD-REV0.exe file)

8. While holding the Volume up/down buttons plug in the USB cable on your phone
    8a. This will turn your phone on and put the phone into download mode and install the drivers.

9. Once the drivers are installed and Odin3 see's the phone (it will say something like com 3 connected), press start
    9a. If after 2-3 minutes Odin3 does not see your phone, pull the battery out, put it back in and while holding the Volume up/down buttons plug in the USB cable on your phone

You will now back back to a fresh new phone.

Thanks! I went through about 4 different threads on how to use Odin on my Captivate and your instructions were the first that worked. Maybe it was just a brainfart on my part but I kept reading to use volume+power ... not volume+plug in USB.

Either way, finally got it working.

i am stuck on holding the volume buttons and plugging in the usb. it does not do anything but bring up the battery

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kaschlus View Post
    i am stuck on holding the volume buttons and plugging in the usb. it does not do anything but bring up the battery
    Turn off the phone, pull the battery out, and remove the SIM and external SD if you have one. Now press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds to drain the residual capacitor charge. Now put the battery and only the battery back in. Once you've done that press and hold the volume UP AND DOWN at the same time plug in the USB cable and give it just a second. It should come up with Download Mode.

ALSO... to get ODIN to properly detect the phone, it has to be running before you plug your captivate into the computer.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links