Music Playback .. 4 hours?

This is a discussion on Music Playback .. 4 hours? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hello all, I am looking to get a new phone. I am having trouble deciding .. between the samsung captivate (best android phone in canada ...

Thread: Music Playback .. 4 hours?

Music Playback .. 4 hours?

Hello all,

I am looking to get a new phone. I am having trouble deciding .. between the samsung captivate (best android phone in canada imo, soon to be released), and an iphone4. rogers website says that the music can play up to 4 hours. is this true ? i mean if it can only play music for that amount of time, i may just need to change my mind to the iphone. This decision has been driving me nuts for weeks... i may ultimately base it in fate since i plan to buy a new phone on a certain day, and if the captivate is not out yet, then i will get the iphone. Any input will be welcome ! THANKS!

Maxton

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Captivate will accept up to a 32gb sd card. This doesn't include the 16gb of internal storage it comes with. You should be able to play as much or more music than an iPhone will.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

What i meant about the 4 hours issue was the battery life, not the internal/external memory. the site says up to 4 hours music play back time under battery life, i was wondering if that was a mistake because im sure my current phone can play music for longer than that.

I would suppose that would depend on what else you had going on in the background, whether the phone is just idle in your pocket while you're listening or whether you have it out surfing the web with it.

My wife has a Captivate she's had for just about a week and I'm still trying to tune the battery life to suit her (managed to get her off of the iPhone). If you're just playing music stored on the phone (not being streamed online) then I would imaging you should be able to go at least 4 hrs if not longer. I haven't tried this personally though.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I have used my Captivate to play music and texting for up to 12 hrs on a single charge before battery dies. Using Android 2.1. I have not tried it with Froyo 2.2 yet.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links