She's gone isn't she?

This is a discussion on She's gone isn't she? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; f'in around trying to get wi-fi tethering to work and odin crashed in the middle. phone says (phone)-!-(computer). i'm almost angry considdering i jut payed ...

Thread: She's gone isn't she?

Exclamation She's gone isn't she?

f'in around trying to get wi-fi tethering to work and odin crashed in the middle.
    phone says (phone)-!-(computer). i'm almost angry considdering i jut payed $500.00 for this thing

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    I think you may need to provide more information before anyone can really help. You have hit on one of the best resources for help with these devices, so give us more details about your setup, and we'll see what we can do!

Welcome aboard, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by dcktp37 View Post
    f'in around trying to get wi-fi tethering to work and odin crashed in the middle.
    phone says (phone)-!-(computer). i'm almost angry considdering i jut payed $500.00 for this thing
    Ok, so you're angry that you just spent $500 on a phone and then proceed to screw around with it? I hope you're mad at yourself then. If you look at this thread what you are seeing, is exactly what you should be seeing when trying to use Odin to recover your phone.

I'm presuming that you have rooted your phone also. If that is the case, you should have done a nandroid backup which you could then boot into recovery and restore. You can look at this which I'd suggest looking at if you manage to fix things.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Thanks for the welcome but you're right.. not enough info. Because i did completely understand the risks in rooting and screwing with my phone. however after reading time and time again "it's next to impossible to brick this phone!" i thought "what the hell it's only money".. that's why i said almost angry. Now the reason i find this to be a problem even after making backups and doing everything everyone said to do to prevent this from happening is that my phone happens to be one of the fun ones that does not reboot in to recovery mode via a button combo. so that mean that you and samsung can keep all the "uhh well try holding allll of da buttons and beating it on da wall.. if dat no work try a lick the battery then put it in while you're upside down in the bathroom gargling water" to yourselves. (directed at samsung not you wonderful people... i promise). but it really was my stupid because i knew the button combo didn't work and tried this stuff anyway...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links