contacts don't sync up

This is a discussion on contacts don't sync up within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; On my samsung captivate running android 2.1 my contacts are not syncing up to my google account. For example, a friend got a new number ...

Thread: contacts don't sync up

Thumbs up contacts don't sync up

On my samsung captivate running android 2.1 my contacts are not syncing up to my google account.

For example, a friend got a new number that I wanted to _add_ to her already existing contact info on my phone. My captivate created a separate contact for it and linked the contact, but this addition never synced up to google. Now I go to this contact on gmail or google voice and this new number is not there.

Is it just me or the way the captivate manages the contacts is retarded?

Among other things, it also doesn't allow me to change the 'default number' for an existing contact.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are a couple things to look at for your problem. First select your 'Settings' then 'Accounts and Sync'. Under Manage accounts verify the sync is on for your GMail account. The other thing to check is where the phone is saving the contacts to. You can save to Phone, SIM, or Google. I would recommend logging into your GMail from a PC and then going into your contacts and creating an export file of your existing ones. Just as a precaution. The way the synching works, you can accidentally clear contacts because they may not be on Google, or they may be on Google and not on your phone. But then open the Contacts App, then select the 'Menu' button, then select 'More' then 'Settings'. You should have something like Save new Contacts to. Make sure it says Google and not Phone or SIM. Good Luck.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links