MTP error and solution

This is a discussion on MTP error and solution within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Thought I would throw this up here in the hope that it saves someone a similar headache. A couple months ago I ran into a ...

Thread: MTP error and solution

MTP error and solution

Thought I would throw this up here in the hope that it saves someone a similar headache.

A couple months ago I ran into a problem when trying to sync my phone to my PC in media player mode. I would plug in the phone via USB and my phone would go from the home screen to showing the USB icon like normal. But then the phone would switch back to the home screen and then back to the USB icon and basically get locked into a loop. The PC would never recognize the phone and this would make syncing via WMP impossible. When I would switch the phone to mass storage mode everything was fine. After spending a longtime with Samsung tech we ended up wiping the phone to fix the problem which it did.

Last week the problem came back. Samsung again was of little to no help and I told them wiping again was not an option as we were masking a symptom not fixing a problem. After digging around I found the problem. Last week I installed Winamp. I didn't really dig into the app and didn't need to sync my phone for a while so it kind of slipped my mind during the initial troubleshooting. Last night going through the options I noticed an option called "Enable auto-mount" that forces the device into USB drive mode when connected. This is enabled by default. Unchecked the option and the problem went away. It appears that the device doesn't know what to do when the android connection mode conflicts with and app's requested connection mode. I assume I had an app that was doing the same thing a couple months ago and I never reinstalled after the first wipe.

Anyways I hope this might help someone else if they run into the same problem. And yes I do realize I am a dungus for not running through the apps earlier in the process.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Im going to try this out as soon as I can regain control of my phone. Its visible in windows but i am unable to copy pictures from it to the PC.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links