BT ext GPS + ?app Captivate

This is a discussion on BT ext GPS + ?app Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Has anyone found an app that will enable an external GPS engine (Delorme) BT-20 interface with my Samsung Captivate? The resident Captivate gps is non-exsistent. ...

Thread: BT ext GPS + ?app Captivate

BT ext GPS + ?app Captivate

Has anyone found an app that will enable an external GPS engine (Delorme) BT-20 interface with my Samsung Captivate? The resident Captivate gps is non-exsistent.

The Captivate finds the BT-20 via BT bitstream ok. (12 channel receiver, NMEA 2.0)

Can anyone point me to a gps application program (road map) (or any physical map ) that seems to work in this manner? Note: The Delorme "Street Atlas" with export is Windows based only.

TIA!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Smile found ext BT + Captivate

Over on XDA forum there are a number of explanations to solve my question.

I chose the "Mobile-j.de" ap from those listed on "Market" on my Captivate. On the 2nd try it found my Delorme BT-20 gps receiver and paired but not connected and a moment later my I -897 Captivate showed a blue arrow on the north side of our house on "Google Map" ("Maps") and also on ("Latitude"). Perhaps it is simplexing the BT bitstream and needs duplex to enable "connected" but it does show very well our Lat/Long. It has one page of dynamic data
    showing satellite data etc.

Note: The Att Nav function and I-897 Captivate gps is not involved in this endeavor at all.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links