Please Help With My Email....Please

This is a discussion on Please Help With My Email....Please within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hello to all. I'll try to make this short, but it probably won't be. Hopefully someone can give me some answers as I got no ...

Thread: Please Help With My Email....Please

Please Help With My Email....Please

Hello to all. I'll try to make this short, but it probably won't be. Hopefully someone can give me some answers as I got no where with ATT tech support and even Samsung level 3 tech support.

I switched to a Captivate from a BB Bold over the summer and have not been able to get my email working properly. Below are my accounts and they are all set to retrieve every 5 minutes and never do (I mean never) I have to check manually. Also, I want to be able to keep my emails on my phone until I choose to delete them (as I did with my BB).

Currently my desktop is set to delete my emails from my server when I check. For some reason when I check email from my DT and then after check from my phone, my phone always syncs to the server and deletes all of my emails from my phone. I can't even find a "save" message option to try and work around this. Samsung said that the phone will only sync and there is no option to do other wise. However, I have read that other people do not have this problem. Can anyone shed some light on why it doesn't check and only syncs?

All email is setup as POP3 (as it was on my BB) DT is also setup as POP3.
    2: Verizon.net emails
    2: Company website emails (hosted through GoDaddy)
    2: Company website emails (Hosted through Readyset, but emails are through GoDaddy)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

I have, but have read mixed reviews. What baffles me is that other people seem to have their email checked regularly and keep their messages until they delete them by just using what came with the phone. Do you think switching to K9 would solve my problems?

Why don't you just set your DT email to NOT delete from the server when the mail is checked? Then, the emails are still there when your phone tries to sync. I also have verizon.net and have had no trouble leaving emails on the server. Periodically (but only if you want to) you could go to verizon.net directly and clean up the server.

deleted by author

Ok, so I finally tried K9, and so far all I can say is that I wish I would have done it months ago. I am still playing with settings and tweeking, but it seems to be working.

One thing I would like to change but I havent figured out (searched with no luck) is how to remove/hide the "All Messages" folder/line from the main screen. It shows the same thing that I have in my "Unified Inbox" and just seems redundant. Can this be removed or hidden?

deleted by author

I went ahead and deleted the email accounts setup through android since K9 seems to be working just fine. I couldn't find an "All Messages" option. Only find an option if you want the email account to show up in the "Unified Messages" folder. Since they both appear to show the same thing I would be happy with just one.

deleted by author

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links