Service Bulletin: Random Shutdown Issues on AT&T Captivate

This is a discussion on Service Bulletin: Random Shutdown Issues on AT&T Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; It seems as though Samsung is claiming a hardware fault with handsets exhibiting the "random shutdown" issues. Below is the information for you to cross ...

Thread: Service Bulletin: Random Shutdown Issues on AT&T Captivate

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

Service Bulletin: Random Shutdown Issues on AT&T Captivate

It seems as though Samsung is claiming a hardware fault with handsets exhibiting the "random shutdown" issues. Below is the information for you to cross reference. If you meet the criteria, and you are experiencing the random shutdowns, call AT&T and they will swap your phone out.

ID: myc_spt_iss_wid_sam_189047

Date Published: December 20, 2010
    Manufacturer(s): Samsung
    Model(s): i897 (Captivate)
    Issue Type: Informational

Issue Summary

AT&T and Samsung are working together on a power off issue on the Samsung i897 Captivate. There is a small group of Samsung i897 Captivate devices which may experience power off when in standby mode. All devices manufactured after November 6, 2010 should not have this issue. Most customers are not expected to see an issue, however the following IMEI range could potentially have the issue and AT&T and Samsung want to ensure these customers have the best possible experience and quickly address customer care inquiries should they arise:

IMEIs manufactured before November 6, 2010: 352982040855394 or lower - 5393, 5392, etc.

If customers reports that their device is powering off when in standby mode please assist them with exchanging their device.

SKU: 65187

Critical Must Know/Must Do

Customer/Embedded Base: If a customer has the power off issue when in standby mode please exchange their device. Customers with the launch software version i897UCJF6 are more apt to have the standby power off issue. Meanwhile customers that have devices manufactured after November 6, 2010 should have software version i897UCJH7 which fixes the Power Cycling related to SW issues.
    Existing Product: All devices that were manufactured before November 6, 2010 have the potential to be affected.
    New Product: Devices manufactured after November 6, 2010 should not experience this issue.
    Distribution Center: No action necessary.
    Channel Instructions

Company Owned Retail: Continue to sell through existing inventory. If a customer has the power off issue when in standby mode please exchange their device.
    Dealers: No action necessary.
    National Retail: No action necessary.
    Direct Fulfillment: Continue to sell through existing inventory. If a customer has the power off issue when in standby mode please exchange their device.
    Customer Returns and Exchanges: Standard under 30-day returns are in effect for this issue.
    Accountability/Responsibility

Distribution Centers: No action necessary.
    Channels/Markets: Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
    Returns Processing Center: Adhere to Standard Returns Processes.
    Supply Chain: Please send questions or comments to SCM Product Advisory.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why are we not hearing from Samsung about this issue? They know who's got the software version......

WERA689
    Simple, really. If they customer doesn't experience the problem, they don't have to replace it. Money saved.

I exchanged my phone and, low and behold, I still have the random shut downs!
    I have IMEI 352863/04/439674/1 Is this phone older than the one I had? (It wasn't a complete swap....just the body. )

My Baseband version is I897UKB1
    I am running Android 2.2

Could this be a software issue? I really haven't downloaded that much?

Do I have another bum phone? Need to exchange it again? What a pain!

I have had the Captivate Keep Alive for a few weeks now and my phone has not shut down. I would recommend this app and it's free. You can always uninstall it if you don't like it but what's not to like? Free and it works!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links