My Slow Captivate

This is a discussion on My Slow Captivate within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; When I first got my captivate it was very fast and I didn't expect it to stay that way but this is a little ridiculous. ...

Thread: My Slow Captivate

My Slow Captivate

When I first got my captivate it was very fast and I didn't expect it to stay that way but this is a little ridiculous. When I try to make a call the thing is just like a slug. This problem just started and really only effects my out going calls. The phone is in stock condition with the exception of a few apps (i do have the app killer) that I've added but nothing of recent. My question is, do I need to root my phone to get the performance that I desire? And if so what is the best way to do it? I just want my phone to work fast and I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of AT&T software and adding a few apps not available on the market. Thanks for the help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is actually very easy! Sideloading is available outside of rooting!! but you would sideload z4root and it roots your device! Easy as that one app one button no mess even unroots it !

I found that flashing a rom will definately make your phone run like the wind!!!!!
    or even stock froyo with the Odin Flasher will enhance performance!

ok where do i get z4root from? I can not find it in the marketplace and from what i understand that is the only place i can get apps until i root?

Not so!!! This link is self explanatory about the sideloading without root... I'll email you the apk for z4root it was took out of at7t android market...... yes they can do that!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The reason the Captivate slows down over time is because of that horrible filesystem Samsung used called RFS. The lagfix that's so popular with the Galaxy S phones converts the internal filesystems to a much faster filesystem named EXT4 or EXT2. If you want speed, try a lagfix... those will most definitely give you more speed.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by somthingoriginal View Post
    ok where do i get z4root from? I can not find it in the marketplace and from what i understand that is the only place i can get apps until i root?
    Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central <----- I'll email you the Z4rotmod send me yor email

I just wanna say thanks for all the help. I have sideloading wonder machine working. I installed z4root and tried the temp root option. after doing so my phone starts flashing black and if i try to go into my apps it will kick me back to home. So I power down and don't have that problem anymore from what I've read z4root is only for 2.2 and I'm still on 2.1 So I'm gonna try the superoneclick if it works my next task will be find a rom with 2.2 and a "kernal" (i only know i need 1 I don't know what it is) that will allow me to run wifi tether. thanks again for all the help

**update** superoneclick goes into a holding pattern when i try to install it i have the samsung drivers sd is unmounted using factory usbs did the debugging on/off thing and i've spent hours reading pointless posts on xda. any suggestions?

I just wanna say thanks for all the help. I have sideloading wonder machine working. I installed z4root and tried the temp root option. after doing so my phone starts flashing black and if i try to go into my apps it will kick me back to home. So I power down and don't have that problem anymore from what I've read z4root is only for 2.2 and I'm still on 2.1 So I'm gonna try the superoneclick if it works my next task will be find a rom with 2.2 and a "kernal" (i only know i need 1 I don't know what it is) that will allow me to run wifi tether. thanks again for all the help

**update** superoneclick goes into a holding pattern when i try to install it i have the samsung drivers sd is unmounted using factory usbs did the debugging on/off thing and i've spent hours reading pointless posts on xda. any suggestions?
    Try following these instructions. They worked for me:

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/samsu...d-edition.html

No not true at all the temp root thing is basically useless... it works in 2.2 i found out that the first time you try it might feeze but retrying it it applys te root just go to permanent root... the temporary root is even removed basically after so many complaints of it not working..... Trust me it will be fine!! the oe click root never woked for me and this has always been my only way of rooting!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links