2.2 froyo update?

This is a discussion on 2.2 froyo update? within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; From my quick googling, I saw many references last year to getting an OTA update to 2.2 But I tried running software on the phone ...

Thread: 2.2 froyo update?

2.2 froyo update?

From my quick googling, I saw many references last year to getting an OTA update to 2.2

But I tried running software on the phone to update the phone and it did not find anything.
    I know there must be a 2.2 update for the captivate.

Please let me know what I have to do to update my phone! I dont understand why its still on 2.1 and not finding anymore new updates

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The reason you couldn't find it is because Samsung and/or AT&T have not yet released Froyo for the Captivate in the USA.

If you want Froyo, you'll need to load a Custom ROM. There are several on this site in the Captivate Hacking Forum: Samsung Captivate Hacking

Quote Originally Posted by ICANSEEYOU7687 View Post
    ! I dont understand why its still on 2.1
    Neither does anyone else who owns a captivate. It was originally promised in August. Then September. Then October. Then by the end of 2010. Then January. Then February. Now... who knows? Flash a custom rom if you want 2.2. Click the link jorj7 posted. Dorian's rom is great for getting your feet wet in rom flashing because it is well made and Dorian is super helpful.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links