Captivate ActiveSync Folder Issue

This is a discussion on Captivate ActiveSync Folder Issue within the Samsung Captivate Tech forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hi everyone, I have a new Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate) from AT&T and have set it up to connect to my work email (Exchange 2010 ...

Thread: Captivate ActiveSync Folder Issue

Captivate ActiveSync Folder Issue

Hi everyone,

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate) from AT&T and have set it up to connect to my work email (Exchange 2010 SP1). I noticed in the tabbed folder list at the top (what an inefficient way to display folders) that certain folders from my Exchange mailbox do not show up. Furthermore, if I try to search for content in those folders or move emails to those folders they are not available as a selection option. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which folders the Captivate decides to sync. In fact, a subfolder of one of the nonexistent folders does appear in the list but not the parent folder.

Any thoughts on this?

I've tried K-9 mail but it doesn't support Exchange 2010. I also tried TouchDown but, while all my folders do appear, I don' believe I should have to pay $20 for functionality that should already be there in the first place and that previously worked fine on my 2.1 Motorola Backflip.

Help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Motorola makes Exchange support a selling point, and it's included in a LOT of their products. On the other hand, Samsung doesn't really, and their email client isn't that great. Also, Exchange 2010 SP1 is relatively new, and some stock E-Mail apps may be incompatible with it. There are other stock email apps that I use in my ROM's from 2.1, 2.2, and 2.2.1. The email app from Samsung lost functionality from 2.1 to 2.2, and I'm unclear as to why. I don't have an Exchange account to test them with, but I can give you package installers for those apps if you'd like to try them. One is from the Galaxy Tab, one is from the international Galaxy S GT-i9000, and one is email with no-security nags.

BTW... Welcome to the forum!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thanks, trying some other apps would be fantastic. Do you have a download site or just want to email them to me?

I tried the 2.1 email app from xda-developers but it says "Application not installed" when I try to install it. I'm not sure how to remove the stock email app first or even if I should be doing that at all.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sure! Look in my sig and go to the downloads section... the no security email client is there. You have to install it through recovery and it will replace your current client. When I get back to my desktop I have a few more versions I can post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

In a wierd way I miss my cappy just because of flashing dorians rom every chance I got.... Atrix is.awesome but.no flash fun

Sent from my Blaztrix

I installed the Email No Security for UGJK3 file using ROM Manager and now I get the following message:

Sorry!
    The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201103281441_com_android_email.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.

Where can I find these dumpstate files?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    ^Hmm. Are you still on 2.1 or are you on 2.2?

Here's the current one from my latest JS8 ROM... Click Me.

When I got the phone from AT&T brand new it was 2.2 but now after using the JF6 Eclair build ODIN3 One-Click restore I'm on 2.1. The stock email app built into 2.1 still seems to have the same problem. What version should I be on to use the one from JS8 listed above?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jason331 View Post
    When I got the phone from AT&T brand new it was 2.2 but now after using the JF6 Eclair build ODIN3 One-Click restore I'm on 2.1. The stock email app built into 2.1 still seems to have the same problem. What version should I be on to use the one from JS8 listed above?
    Well, I'd recommend being on 2.2 or above for that email client above. I don't know how it would function on 2.1.

Sorry for the delayed reply...

I *think* I did the procedure correctly. I got Froyo back on the phone (firmware version 2.2), downloaded the EmailFix.zip file linked above, saved it to my phone's internal SD card (unextracted), used ROM Manager to "Install ROM from SD Card," rebooted the phone, and it said the following:

Android system recovery <3e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
    - for BML -

Enter: POWER Key, Select : Vol UP /Vol Down
    reboot system now
    reinstall packages
    delete all user data
    delete cache data
    format internal sd-card
    ---------------------------------

update media, please wait

update media, finished
    # MANUAL MODE #

-- Appling Multi-CSC...
    Installing Multi-CSC

Install default apk-files, please wait

Install default apk-files, finished

I don't notice any difference with the email client and the folder list at the top is still missing the same folders.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links