Program the Search Button (Bottom Right of Phone)

This is a discussion on Program the Search Button (Bottom Right of Phone) within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi All, The most frustrating thing about Captivate Glide, though I like phone in general is that every time you start an app, there is ...

Thread: Program the Search Button (Bottom Right of Phone)

Program the Search Button (Bottom Right of Phone)

Hi All,

The most frustrating thing about Captivate Glide, though I like phone in general is that every time you start an app, there is no CLOSE button anywhere.
    This forces you to hit HOME on the bottom of the phone to exit what you are doing. Inevitably apps stack up and are forgotten, and you have to go into Active Applications and kill them individually. Forgetting of course, needlessly burns the battery.

What I would like to do is program the search button (magnifying glass in the lower right) so that it performs an 'exit current application' function or is like a Windows [X].
    Since I hardly ever use this button anyway, it would be much more useful if it did this.
    Is it possible? Or, if impossible, is there an app anywhere downloadable that will create a windows close [X] button on every app you open via the phone?
    thanks much for advice!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hello Jeff - welcome to the forum! I'm not a technician, and I'm totally unfamiliar with the Captivate, but do you have a "back button" on it? The Android phones I have all have a button that simply moves you back one screen, and hitting it consecutively allows you to back out of an application when you're done with it.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I know that does work, however say like you go into internet explorer and surf around, or go into an application for awhile and click around. When you're done, you are then forced to back, back, back, back......through so many pages to get the thing closed.
    I know the bottom buttons are programmable, because when I load a second launcher app and touch HOME, instead of the home screen it pops up a menu letting you choose which launcher, and to set a default. So right there, you know the button has been reprogrammed.
    But where is this done? Is there an application out there that would allow you to customize the bottom buttons on the phone. I would think there must be somewhere :|

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links