Unlock Samsung I897

This is a discussion on Unlock Samsung I897 within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; i got an at&t samsung captivate I897 from a buddy and I have T-Mobile and I can't get it to work/unlocked/rooted whatever you call it, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: Unlock Samsung I897

Exclamation Unlock Samsung I897

i got an at&t samsung captivate I897 from a buddy and I have T-Mobile and I can't get it to work/unlocked/rooted whatever you call it, im just new to phone "hacking" / terms just confusing me i guess. I studied engineering in college but i want fast help kinda haha. I tried unlocking blahhh on youtube but Im hopeless. pleassseeee help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the site. Your thread was moved for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by osullivan View Post
    i got an at&t samsung captivate I897 from a buddy and I have T-Mobile and I can't get it to work/unlocked/rooted whatever you call it, im just new to phone "hacking" / terms just confusing me i guess. I studied engineering in college but i want fast help kinda haha. I tried unlocking blahhh on youtube but Im hopeless. pleassseeee help.
    Have you contacted T-Mobile and asked them how to get the bootloader unlocked?
    cali likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Red face Success In Rooting i897

Quote Originally Posted by osullivan View Post
    I have successfully rooted my i897 using iRoot. It is a simple to use and free to download software. It did throw me off, however, because it does not use the typical superuser. Instead it installed Kinguser. I have not had any issues with this and have used it to root some of the tougher to root Androids, such as the Samsung Galaxy Lite (t399) and the Kyocera Hydro (C5170). Best of luck to you!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links