Froyo Update

This is a discussion on Froyo Update within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I am having an issue with this upgrade. If I use the speaker phone the Desk Home app is now what shows when I hit ...

Thread: Froyo Update

Froyo Update

I am having an issue with this upgrade. If I use the speaker phone the Desk Home app is now what shows when I hit the home button and the phone locks in landscape (horizontal) mode and won't go vertical. If the horizontal thing isn't bad enough the Desk Home app is horrible as getting to the actual desktop is a nightmare as Desk Home just keep coming up and you must keep using back button to get to actual desktop. I used "1 click" to roll back phone and tried the upgrade again but still have same issue.. Figure I would just not use the speaker phone but too easy to hit the button with your cheek as I just did...

Anyone know how to resolve this? Otherwise I like the upgrade. Thank you...

Edit... the speaker button is now always on when I make a call. You can turn it off but it is on by default.

Edit... well it seems the speaker phone button is not the only thing that locks in Landscape... I reinstall 2.2 once again and did nothing but plug it into car charger and it locked on landscape... also "desk home" apparently is now the default when I hit the home button... back to 2.1 for now.
    Last edited by rathole; 03-02-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Additional info found

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    196 times
    The Home apps are designed to lock your phone into position. They're only supposed to engage when locked into a dock, and they're designed for easy access to the apps you'd be most likely to use when the phone is docked. For example, when you're in your car you're most likely to want Nav or Maps, whereas if you're home you're most likely to want Music or other media...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links