Anyone ready to Pre-Order the Samsung Captivate?

This is a discussion on Anyone ready to Pre-Order the Samsung Captivate? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Definitley going to check it out on the 18th.I was ready for my first smartphone to be an Apple I4.I'm glad I waited.I also think ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ready to Pre-Order the Samsung Captivate?

Definitley going to check it out on the 18th.I was ready for my first smartphone to be an Apple I4.I'm glad I waited.I also think the Android OS will overtake Apple's OS in the future.

dandroid
    Welcome to the forum bdev4, this phone could definitely be worth the wait. What phone are you using now?

Quote Originally Posted by bdev4 View Post
    Definitley going to check it out on the 18th.I was ready for my first smartphone to be an Apple I4.I'm glad I waited.I also think the Android OS will overtake Apple's OS in the future.

Captivate release date

just called a local at&t store and human answering had never heard of captivate! everyone but at&t saying release date of 7/18 which I was hoping for, but doesn't look good now. anyone else know? would pre-order if I could, but understand pre-orders will not be available for this.

Not surprised they hadn't heard of it. I doubt local store reps keep up with any new phones other than possibly the iPhone and that's just because news about it is everywhere (and it's ATT's flagship smartphone).

not sure why you don't think the 7/18 release date doesn't look good it is the official launch date and has been reported by ATT.

AT&T has just announced that the Samsung Captivate — Ma’ Bell’s version of the Galaxy S — will be available for purchase on July the 18th (T-minus 10 days). The Captivate sports a: 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, 4″ WVGA Super AMOLED display, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, 5 megapixel camera with 720p video recording, and Android 2.1. The device will be priced at $199 on-contract (no mail-in-rebate necessary). Anyone have plans to pick up the first serious AT&T Android offering? Any disenfranchised iPhone 4 owners thinking of returning their iPiece and taking the Captivate for a spin?
    Samsung Captivate to launch on AT&T July 18th, $199 Boy Genius Report

ATT also had an announcement on their facebook page.

I have only called one AT&T store to see if they had any demo's in yet and they said they wouldn't have any demo's until it went on sale in store on the 18th.

Ya but you can purchase this for $349 with no commitment and if you don't like it or if something better comes out around christmas of later you could sell your captivate and take advantage of upgrade prices at that time.

Most phones of this caliber and tech prowess come with a much higher no commitment pricing structure so the $349 is a tempting option.

I have the Pantech Matrix.Nice phone, but not a smart one.LOL.

I spoke to an AT&T store rep.yesterday,she said their going to a quick seminar on Thursday for the Captivate.

weird at&t has announced on facebook but doesn't yet show it on their website (as of yesterday anyway) ...

it is strange but i have been following the att facebook page for several weeks and starting towards end of last week they have posted multiple announcements of the official launch date

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links