AT&T Captivate vs Nexus One GPU benchmark

This is a discussion on AT&T Captivate vs Nexus One GPU benchmark within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Androidandme.com has posted a great video showing the Nexus One and Captivate facing off using the GLBenchmark 2.0 suite. This new GPU benchmark test the ...

Thread: AT&T Captivate vs Nexus One GPU benchmark

dandroid

AT&T Captivate vs Nexus One GPU benchmark

Androidandme.com has posted a great video showing the Nexus One and Captivate facing off using the GLBenchmark 2.0 suite.

This new GPU benchmark test the OpenGL ES 2.0 capabilities of the device and also measures performance with full-scene anti-aliasing (FSAA), which helps help avoid aliasing (or “jaggies”) on full-screen images.

Here we can see the Samsung Captivate shine with these demanding benchmarks. The Captivate delivers the promised 2x-3x the GPU performance of the PowerVR SGX530 or the Adreno GPU core found in the Snapdragon phones (Nexus One, EVO, etc.). In the GLBenchmark PRO FSAA test, the Captivate offers nearly 6x the performance of the Snapdragon-powered Nexus One.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Looks good. If I had chosen to upgrade to the Backflip and locked in a contract I'd really be tempted to pick up the Captivate.

you could likely sell your backflip for a reasonable price and pickup the captivate @ $349 with no commitment pricing.

dandroid
    ah, whens your next upgrade become available under contract pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Looks good. If I had chosen to upgrade to the Backflip and locked in a contract I'd really be tempted to pick up the Captivate.

Just upgraded to the Backflip in March I believe. I've got just under 2yrs. I think I can upgrade to a new iPhone in like November of next year, .

i would ebay the backflip and buy a captivate without contract

I'm currently strapped for cash and probably couldn't get enough for the Backflip to justify shelling out for the Captivate.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I'm currently strapped for cash and probably couldn't get enough for the Backflip to justify shelling out for the Captivate.
    I'm in the same boat man.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links