Got a good Deal on Captive :)

This is a discussion on Got a good Deal on Captive :) within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Google & Apple want the Carriers to give more data to the consumers. That's the way Apple & Google make money. Unfortunately the Carriers are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a good Deal on Captive :)

Google & Apple want the Carriers to give more data to the consumers. That's the way Apple & Google make money. Unfortunately the Carriers are unable to live up-to the expectations of these two companies, just they can't upgrade their network.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    But I don't want to pay more.
    Me neither but in order to get my Captivate for $0 up front I had to change data plans. So I did, will just keep it under 2 gig.

I think Verizon is one of the only carriers to still offer an unlimited data plan for about $30 (it might be $29, I don't remember exactly). I just happened to be looking at Verizon's plans due to their customer satisfaction rating with Consumer Reports and because they carry the Droid X.

I payed $100 for my Captivate, and kept my plan the same. Went from iPhone 3GS $30 unlimited data to the Smartphone Personal data for $30. And my minutes stayed the same, texting stayed the same, so in essence I just payed $100 to get the phone.

So, they give you a discount if you change your data plan??

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I think Verizon is one of the only carriers to still offer an unlimited data plan for about $30 (it might be $29, I don't remember exactly). I just happened to be looking at Verizon's plans due to their customer satisfaction rating with Consumer Reports and because they carry the Droid X.
    VZW is ditching the unlimited data plan in the near future, so if you're gonna jump, do it quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    VZW is ditching the unlimited data plan in the near future, so if you're gonna jump, do it quick.
    Judging by the $10 premium data fee on the EVO ( Customer Continues Crusade to Find Meaning of $10 EVO 4G Fee ) I'd say all the majors are abandoning 'unlimited' not that many of them didnt mangle that words definition anyway.

I just got my Captivate... I am loving it.. But the AT&T signal is quite weak in my area... I am yet to do experiments on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links