Is there an android app that?

This is a discussion on Is there an android app that? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Not a bad thread to have. To kick it off; Is there an android app that reports poor 3g signal to AT&T with GPS location ...

Thread: Is there an android app that?

Is there an android app that?

Not a bad thread to have. To kick it off;

Is there an android app that reports poor 3g signal to AT&T with GPS location like they did for the iPhone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't believe that there is any kind of official ATT app if that's what you're looking for. There is an app you can download and install from Root Mobile that will run on your phone and you can supply that type of feedback to them. They compile wireless data for the major carriers to compare who really has the best coverage for an area.

Oooh. That sounds cool.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

WERA689
    Yes, Richard. AT&T has the same app now for Android. Search the market for AT&T Mark the Spot. It works exactly the same way as the iPhone app did, just as you describe.

thank you! now maybe I can get some coverage in my office if I complain often enough.

since the captivate doesnt have any LED notification light indicating a new email or message(like blackberry) is there an app that would vibrate the phone for example every 2 mins.. whenever a new message or email arrives until the message is opened?

I believe that Handcent SMS may offer that for messaging. I don't text very often so I'm personally just using the default text app. SMS Popup may also do what you're wanting. It says it allows in-depth customization of SMS/MMS notifications. I do know it'll show a popup on the screen when a message is received.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

There is an app called noLED that puts a square dot on the screen when you have notifications. Since the phone is amoled it doesn't use much power. It basically uses a black background with a red dot for least power consumption. It is over on XDA-Developers under Galaxy S.

Would noLED work with my Chase app? On my old Iphone I got notifications for transfers and things. On the Captivate the options are for Facebook, Twitter(which I don't use) and My Space (which I don't use). Or is there a way to get these notifications using one of the built in apps. I am new to the Captivate and still learning. Any info would be appreciated.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links