Kies installation issues

This is a discussion on Kies installation issues within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by mikerj I was able to install Kies on my Win7 laptop and my WinXP laptop without issue - however - Kies doesn't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kies installation issues

Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    I was able to install Kies on my Win7 laptop and my WinXP laptop without issue - however - Kies doesn't recognize the phone...... Other forums I've read have about 80% experiencing the same and have said that Samsung is "working on it".
    Is your usb setting Samsung Kies selected (Settings> Applications> USB Settings)? Unless your phone is on your home page Kies won't see the phone either.

FYI, though it doesn't solve the title of this thread, I did manage to solve my problem with Kies not seeing my phone. Found the answer here: [Guide] How to connect to Samsung Kies - xda-developers I am running adb launcher as well.

I got Kies to install and connect on a Win 7 64 bit PC but it was a hassle. The app is buggy though and not very useful except perhaps for contacts syncing. Kies appears to be more of a photo/movie editor. From what I've seen, Kies isn't meant for the US market. I had to go to an Indian site to get the proper downloads.

hello I also have problems installing kies on my computer. Im running windows vista. All the flie are going to 100% unpacking, but when i start the installation it says error 1628 scrip error... then everything stop??? Could someone help me please

I just called Samsung and the Kies does not work for the US based Samsung Galaxy S Captivate??? WTF?? I just got this phone and I do enjoy it but it seems without Kryos 2.2 we are hosed and who knows when that will come out

OK forget it got it to work not sure what Samsung people are talking about but at least Kies works now

For all of you in the US. Samsung says the KIES Software is not for US phones. That is why you are having issues with KIES.

I did install on Win 7, 64 Bit with no trouble but a lot os connection issues

hi, please help me..i have the same problem with my galaxy s i9000, i can't install the driver. please contact me: just_one_crazy1@yahoo.com

I downloaded the kies software from samsung australia site, it is not installing on my computer (windows xp) and says that it cannot extract files...
    Can anyone help please?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links