Kies installation issues

This is a discussion on Kies installation issues within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Some success! Seems to be an installer problem. When I download Kies from the Samsung support site, the file is listed as 'Kies_Win.exe' but it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kies installation issues

Some success!

Seems to be an installer problem.

When I download Kies from the Samsung support site, the file is listed as 'Kies_Win.exe' but it downloads as 'Kies_2.2.0.12014_18_7.exe'. This file starts some paired-down installer that provides only a green progress bar, progresses for a while, then goes to error trying to unpack the Kies.msi file. Seems to be a common problem.

After weeks of trouble I downloaded Kies from a Windows7 download site I'm unfamiliar with. That site grabbed a version of Kies from the SamsumgAPPs site.

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=APPS_CAN&CDCttType=SW&Mod elType=N&ModelName=APPS_UPDATE&idyn=N&VPath=SW/201105/20110512115717796/Kies_2.2.0.12014_18_7.exe.

This file dowloads as 'Kies_WIN.exe', is 1.33MB instead of 90.7, and provides a completely different installer. Far more detail. Kies was installed and opened, then there were THREE separate online upgrades provided. The last one dated Mar 02/12 9today).

A few hints.

Don't hurry the process. Each step takes a while. After each install it takes some time for Kies to open.

There are a few restarts. The restart request takes some time to pop up and may do so BEHIND the installer dialogue. So check often.

Hope this helps.
    Giger likes this.

Samsung Kies

The version I installed does not work worth a crap for keeping synced. It worked OK for tranferring the initial contacts but now I have to go through Manually to keep up to date. The version that I have it I allow it to update it will NO LONGER FUNCTION because I am in the United States. Yea F ---- ED Up Just Sayin

Kies Installation Success!!

Thank you so much Xris ... after 2 weeks of being totally unable to install Samsung Kies, I found your thread. It works!!

Thanks again, was about to give up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads