Kies installation issues

This is a discussion on Kies installation issues within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I am trying to install KIES on my windows 7 PC and never can get it past unpacking. Anyone know of something I might be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kies installation issues

Kies installation issues

I am trying to install KIES on my windows 7 PC and never can get it past unpacking. Anyone know of something I might be missing? requirements for windows 7?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Do you ever get any type of error message?

I am having the same issue, but on Vista. It goes throught the unpackaging/extracting of the downloaded files, but after it hits 100% it just closes down and nothing else happens... no error message, no nothing.

I got no errors. I 've still been trying things but no luck. On my windows 7 laptop it just unpacks and closes.

C2k
    I found some canadian version online, its in english and it seems to work okay, I mean... just using it as a mass storage seems much simpler. I apologize that I dont have the link, either, but Im sure if you search for it, you can find it in another forum.

This is my first phone from SAMSUNG and it hasn't been a good start. Having Big problem with this Kies. Recently brought SAMSUNG GALAXY S and installed KIES but did not connect to my phone so i uninstalled it then when I went to reinstall KIES it's then telling me to uninstall. WTF!..It's like there is a file still being recongized from KIES.. I go to uninstall then I have the following error... HELP! would be greatly appreciated, especially from the horses mouth (SAMSUNG).. and running win7 and Kies 1.5.1.100 71_32

Name:  Capture5.jpg
Views: 5598
Size:  15.4 KBName:  Capture4.jpg
Views: 5427
Size:  14.6 KBName:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 5453
Size:  13.6 KBName:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 5453
Size:  7.4 KBName:  Capture.jpg
Views: 5546
Size:  15.8 KB

can't install kies

after selecting what to install, the message can't connect to the file server please check network settings pops up what should i do

I was able to install Kies on my Win7 laptop and my WinXP laptop without issue - however - Kies doesn't recognize the phone...... Other forums I've read have about 80% experiencing the same and have said that Samsung is "working on it".

As for the installation errors. Check the Windows event logs and also look for a log in your temp directory. Sorting by last modified time can help, or start an installation and watch to see what files and/or directories get created by the install program. Sometimes they leave logs behind.

I was able to fix the issue I was having to install Kies.If anyone else is having the same issue. I went into registry and deleted everything Samsung and Kies through the search. Then restared computer and reinstalled kies. worked!!! The latest Kies 1.5.1.10083 is here on the link which is letting me connect my Samsung Galaxy S. give it a shot..
    Samsung Galaxy S - Software & Manuals - Support - Samsung Mobile Australia

Just an update. I never figured out what was wrong but I just redownloaded the software and it worked fine. This seems to fix the installation problem on all my comps and the software works great once installed.hope this helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links