Backflip to Captivate?

This is a discussion on Backflip to Captivate? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Just wondering how many users have switched from the Backflip to the Captivate? Have you been happy with the change? Any regrets on not having ...

Thread: Backflip to Captivate?

dandroid

Backflip to Captivate?

Just wondering how many users have switched from the Backflip to the Captivate? Have you been happy with the change? Any regrets on not having the keyboard?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

C2k
    Well, I just got it home and started playing with it. First impression- the backflip doesnt even come close. Its like comparing a windows 98 low end model to alienware. My backflip lagged quite a bit, this phone is extremely responsive. Im not going to be able to text and drive anymore, but the touch keyboard isnt so bad. Its pretty big and it has swype, so it does a lot of auto correcting and its pretty fast. typing in numbers isnt as nice, but thats about all.

I absolutely do NOT regret switching from the BackFlip to the Captivate. While I still think the BackFlip has plenty of potential once rooted, it will never be able to compete with the Captivate in most ways. I was worried about missing the keyboard on the BackFlip but thanks to the size of the screen on the Captivate, it hasn't been an issue. My hands are large enough that I can type with a single thumb. I have rooted and hacked the Euro Galaxy S ROM on it already and it only makes it that much better. No AT&T crapware whatsoever and there are a few bonuses from Samsung on the European ROM. There is an app store (separate from the Market) that Samsung provides a few cool apps for free. It's definitely a device with almost unlimited potential.

I switched also myself. I really really like the design and style of the backflip. The flipout keyboard is the only thing I miss on my Captivate.

My first android was a G1, so I guess I was spoiled with all the custom roms and root perks I had available. If the backflip was rooted, and we gained the ability to tweak the system with custom roms i might not have switched. Being that I have the capability to root in the Captivate was a huge plus, not to mention a 1ghz hummingbird and a gorgeous super amoLED screen.

I do not regret the switch at all.

I got rid of my backflip after 1 week and went back to my old phone. I loved the backflip but the thing locked up the first day I had it, thought it was odd, forgot about it. The next day it locked up twice. Third day it locked up constantly and by the first weekend I had it, it just kept rebooting, like 3-4 times per day. I switched it out, the replacement rebooted after an hour, I took that one back and went back to my old LG VU which was BRUTAL. I have ATT, I wanted an Android phone but I didn't want to put with the rebooting deal. So far, I've had the Captivate for over a week, no lockups, no reboots, no regrets!

I also made the switch to the Captivate from the Backflip. The Backflip introduced me to Android for the first time and I was enjoying the experience, but the Backflip kept rebooting randomly after the 13.37 update last month. I was waiting for a Dell Streak, but after the shoddy job of PR from them the last two weeks I decided to go with the Captivate.

No regrets at all!

The very first day I had it I was blown away at the speed, the Backflip would lag sometimes when doing simple things like opening the Contacts. The second day with the Captivate had me worried. It started slowing down alot...and I mean BAD. Sometimes I would get a black screen for about a minute opening an app. So I reset to factory defaults, didn't install a Taskiller, and it's been fine ever since. Now it's the same zippy phone I had on the first day...loving it!

i like my backflip but i went into the store and looked at that captivate and omg i want it.... its to bad i made a 2yr contract with the backflip and paid 200$ when i could of waited a little bit longer i feel soooo ripped =( i thought i was making the right choice soo now i have to wait until March now to upgrade

C2k
    Well if you've been a customer forover a few years them they should give you an early upgrade. I got one 4 months in and if I sell my backflip I can get away spending around 100$ total for the phone, completely amazing considering how much better this phone is.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links